The 2019 Exit Thread

litmus

13 minutes ago, KHazza said:

Anyone know how the Castle Cary route is looking? I’m dreading the return as inbound was so mad!

Just posted in a different thread, it took a whule to get moving but once it did it was rapid, only queued for about 70 minutes. There's no queue for the London bound side of the station, Bristol had a fair few queueing but I assume that that was just keeping those guys off of the same platform as the London train until it had departed. Lots of bags on seats. 

On the see tickets coach. The organisation is so poor. I’m pretty sure I wouldn’t be able to get on my allocated coach if I simply turned up at the right time...they just load people on and don’t give a shit what coaches people are booked on to. 

They don’t even check tickets. If anyone wants a free coach home just turn up!

Edited by Thunderstruck

Paid for WV for a reason. Up and out for 7, breakfast in Brizzle before 9 and just passing Stoke on our way up to the hills of Saddleworth with the inevitable comedown already kicking in.

1 minute ago, Flysheet said:

Paid for WV for a reason. Up and out for 7, breakfast in Brizzle before 9 and just passing Stoke on our way up to the hills of Saddleworth with the inevitable comedown already kicking in.

I’m from Diggle. I’ll be having a hair of the dog in the navigation inn later that’s for sure!

3 minutes ago, Thunderstruck said:

I’m from Diggle. I’ll be having a hair of the dog in the navigation inn later that’s for sure!

???

Delph, up on Hill Top, got to fetch the pooch from Bradford or I might join you! The nearest I’ll get to the Nav is on my way to see Rachel in the Chippy ?

We should form the efests Saddleworth branch

Edited by Flysheet

4 minutes ago, Flysheet said:

???

Delph, up on Hill Top, got to fetch the pooch from Bradford or I might join you! The nearest I’ll get to the Nav is on my way to see Rachel in the Chippy ?

We should form the efests Saddleworth branch

Annoyingly the chippy is closed Mondays now! Disaster!

Sat up in South Park 2. Getting stuck into some of my remaining cider too (I’m not driving) We’re going to leave it a few hours before we leave, then visit a local pub for lunch on the way back to Reading. Doing it this way seems to cushion the blow of the end of the festival for us. Come back down to earth softly :)

I left site at 3 this morning and was home at 5.  I was going to stay later, but decided to make the most of the fact I was quite awake and alert to get away, though it was a wrench to leave.  Totally crashed and just got up again, though now there is a buzzing in my head.  It's weird sitting on a sofa again though.

1 hour ago, Thunderstruck said:

On the see tickets coach. The organisation is so poor. I’m pretty sure I wouldn’t be able to get on my allocated coach if I simply turned up at the right time...they just load people on and don’t give a shit what coaches people are booked on to. 

They don’t even check tickets. If anyone wants a free coach home just turn up!

Annoying! We are supposed to leave in 5 mins but there is a queue in the way. Reckon we could have just left two hours ago instead of sitting around waiting for our ‘allotted’ time!