Ped gate A bus queues

deepkittycaz

Currently on a bus that just left site for Castle cary. Got to the queue about 7 and it barely moved, just minor shuffling for half an hour. Then it hit 7.45 and it seemed like all of the drivers clocked on, moved rapidly after that. Overall 70 minutes. However the queue did double in size in the time that I was there. It's well organised, I just think that they didn't have enough drivers on for those of us gong straight through. 

• Upvote 1

We sat at the show ground for about ten minutes, then the station for another ten before we could unload. Once off the bus walked straight on to a train to Paddington. A far more enjoyable experience than the slog of doing the same in 2016.

A minor shout out to the festival goers putting small bags or belongings on seats next to them on the train. We aren't too pushed for space, but there's a fair bit of inconsideration going on. 

On 7/1/2019 at 10:03 AM, sirjonnyp said:

We sat at the show ground for about ten minutes, then the station for another ten before we could unload. Once off the bus walked straight on to a train to Paddington. A far more enjoyable experience than the slog of doing the same in 2016.

A minor shout out to the festival goers putting small bags or belongings on seats next to them on the train. We aren't too pushed for space, but there's a fair bit of inconsideration going on. 

I always ask people to please move their bags if I am on crowded public transport, (if they say no I politely tell them it's not a space they own and it's the only space free. And if they are sat on the outer of the seats to 'protect' space, I say "excuse me may I sit here?" and just sit in the space they are weirdly protecting next to them. I have no time for people doing these things...

I was impressed with the organisation of the shuttle buses and train station.  It was my first year using the bus station and I arrived sometime around 7 and spent an hour queuing, the bags were really quickly loaded and once I got to castle Cary I was straight through the very organised route channels and onto the first train.  After hearing horror stories from our taxi driver on the way in I was expecting a huge wait but GFL have obviously fine tuned it and it was about as painless as possible.