Hugh Jass

eFests Set of the weekend 2019 - VOTE NOW

28 minutes ago, mcshed said:

Mate Lizzo finished at 6:30 and Kate Tempest didn't start until 9:15, I don't know what made you miss Lizzo but it wasn't Kate Tempest.

Yeah I watched Lizzo and Neneh Cherry then went over to the Park and caught the end of Kurt Vile before Kate Tempest came on. 

I missed Lizzo for Low, and have zero regrets. A band I've wanted to see for a long time delivered the set of the weekend for me. Complicated, layered, heartfelt... Goosebumps for an hour. 

Hot Chip delivered. 

And for my third I'll plump for Ishmael Ensemble - up against Kylie in Croissant Neuf they were never going to get a large crowd - but a very assured and emotional performance. I've got a tin ear for predicting acts with a big future, but I hope to see them play a bigger stage with a supportive crowd in the future. 

Shout out to Snapped Ankles in Crows Nest for one of the most bonkers hours I've had on the site. 

I’m so fucking emotional at the moment, struggling to comprehend anything. Want to write a really long post about my experiences this weekend, but cannot bring myself to do it - lots of tears will ensue..but

1. Lizzo

2. Jon Hopkins

3. The Chemical Brothers

Until 9:30 last night my top 3 were 

1. Mavis

2. IDLES (Park)

3. Fontaines (JP)

but then The Cure played the set of the weekend so went top of the list and booted Fontaines into 4th spot 

• Like 1

1. The Killers (one of the best pyramid headliners ive ever seen)

2. Two Door Cinema Club 

3. Miley

1 hour ago, Gnomicide said:

Well done on getting in!

1. Sheryl Crow 

2. Frank Turner - Avalon. Not the best setlist but the best atmosphere I've experienced at one of his gigs.

3. Jeff Goldblum 

I feel really lucky to have been at Strummerville and BBC Introducing too as well as the main set in Avalon. It became from Frank Turner festival feat. Glastonbury. I was actually relieved when he buggered off home 🤣

He played Hits and Mrs which I've never heard live before and is one of my favourites. Much bawling was done! 

Edited by Digi
  • Like 1

1) The Cure

2) Chemical Brothers

3) Grace Petrie

Fri - Michael Kiwanaka

Sat - Jade Bird

Sun - The Cure

Lizzo lizzo love her! 

Stormzy

Rex orange county

Edited by Mich1268

1) The Killers

2)Chickenbone John*

3)Albert Hammond

*Yes he's a bloke (plus collaborator) selling cigar box guitars rather than a set, but its music at Glastonbury and I can sit and listen to their blues for ages, normally until I get dragged away.

I hate these, can change day to day. Here goes.

Chemical Brothers

Lizzo

Sigrid

3 hours ago, mcshed said:

Mate Lizzo finished at 6:30 and Kate Tempest didn't start until 9:15, I don't know what made you miss Lizzo but it wasn't Kate Tempest.

Maybe it was someone else at the park then...Foals? Whole weekend was such a blur!

1 minute ago, Cockney_Jesus said:

Maybe it was someone else at the park then...Foals? Whole weekend was such a blur!

Aye Foals sounds about right.

1. Janelle Monáe - 2nd best set I’ve EVER seen.

2. Stormzy

3. Lizzo - Would’ve probably been higher if I didn’t get a bad case of festival belly halfway through

Honourable mentions to: Little Simz, Sigrid, Will Varley.