eFests Set of the weekend 2019 - VOTE NOW

Hugh Jass

Still struggling to narrow it down:

The Cure

Sharon Van Etten 

Cat Empire (Avalon) / Dub Pistols / Fat White Family 

Pleased/ surprised so many people also enjoyed Sharon Van Etten as much as I did- saw her a few years ago on the park and she was merely okay back then! 

Edited by Mr.Tease

1. Hot Chip

2. Janelle Monae

3. Lizzo

honourable mention to Kate Tempest... my daughter turned up to meet me for Hot Chip just as she was ending, half the field were in tears (including me).. shocked daughter : "what happened..??"

and fair play to Stormzy... for all those that said he couldnt do it.. Shut up.

Reading through these is giving me some fomo for the things I didn't see like Hot Chip, Sharon Van Etten and Ibibio Sound Machine in particular. They were tough clashes for me. Wish they filmed the Avalon Stage now I'm home. When I'm there I'm glad there isn't a camera around. 

Every bugger in this thread saying Sharon Van Etten bodes well for Green Man. I've loved her since Tramp, which remains one of my favourite albums ever, but had to cut out on this one to see Sigrid (and regrettably miss Neneh Cherry... or "Nina Cherry" if you're the West Holts announcer). No regrets because I was fucking whacked from the heat earlier on and flagged all the way through Sigrid, and was close enough to my tent that I had time to sprint up there, put on a hoodie and pick up a big bottle of rum to pick me up again, then hoof it down to The Spike to catch a respectable chunk of Mik Artistik (6th of 7 Mik sets I saw across the weekend) and fill up on the delightful vegan jackfruit mac and cheese before Ibibio Sound Machine... The journey across to my tent from JPT and then down to Avalon would've left time for none of that.

Can I squeeze one in? ( as the actress said to the bishop ) I would love to be cool and say Idles (who were immense) or Snapped ankles or even Fontaines DC (who were both incredible) but theres really only one winner and as Mr Efests said right at the start of the thread it has to go to Lizzo. I think the word is captivating