eFests Set of the weekend 2019 - VOTE NOW

Hugh Jass

The Cat Empire though I was disappointed I missed the Chemical brothers to watch the exact same set as they did in the morning (not sure if this is normal for multiple sets?)

Lewis Capaldi

The Cure/ Vampire weekend are a close call but I'll go for the Cure.

14 minutes ago, Xeph1995 said:

1. The Cure

2. Micheal Kiwanuka ( He should have headlined the park )

3. The Commet is Coming

I left the Park after Idles, I wanted to stay for MK, but was on my own. I had no money, nothing to drink & nothing to pick me up. I went back to my tent. I am a bit gutted I missed him, but I had to really. Glad he was good. I hope he got a decent crowd.

5 hours ago, yehbutnobut said:

Does @Hugh Jass have any current running totals yet or do we definitely have to wait until the end of the week? Just interested and impatient, that's all.

Sorry but the totals will not be revealed until the final votes are cast. I don’t want to encourage tactical voting.

I’m already noticing that acts playing more than one set are suffering as their votes are getting split. Fontaines would be a contender had they only played once.

35 minutes ago, FuzzyDunlop said:

I left the Park after Idles, I wanted to stay for MK, but was on my own. I had no money, nothing to drink & nothing to pick me up. I went back to my tent. I am a bit gutted I missed him, but I had to really. Glad he was good. I hope he got a decent crowd.

Awe man sorry to hear that, I thought he put on a right show, we climbed up the hill after his set to have a drink and "sort ourselves out" and tbh the cat power set looked very lack luster in comparison kind of felt bad that they followed him.

9 minutes ago, El Matador said:

The hottest and the most pungent set I’ve ever seen (the two may have been linked). I was really looking forward to them but the heat in that tent was horrendous and meant that I struggled to get into it.

Yeah, I was going to see Snapped Ankles there but WG really was unpleasant, humid and with a terrible stench so I sacked it off and went for s pint next door instead. 

1. Christine & The Queens ( one of my top 5 sets out of 11 festivals)

2. Nick Lowe (especially his beautiful encore of Elvis Costello’s Alison, which Nick produced).

3. This is The Kit

Honourable mentions to Rosealia, Vampire Weekend and the Jeremy Hardy tribute. 

Combination most hilarious and teary moment was hearing a recording of Jeremy singing Leonard Cohen’s Hallelujah in the style of George Formby from I’m Sorry I Haven’t a Clue.

Most relevatory moment was realising why I hadn’t bothered seeing Hawkwind for 47 years.

Most surreal stage change was watching Rosalia, where I was at least 30 years older than the average age of the crowd and dashing across to see the end of Steeleye Span’s set, where at 66 I was below the average age.

1 hour ago, El Matador said:

The hottest and the most pungent set I’ve ever seen (the two may have been linked). I was really looking forward to them but the heat in that tent was horrendous and meant that I struggled to get into it.

Ha! That’s true. A couple of my mates had to leave. No idea why they couldn’t have opened the sides of the tent.