2019 - A vintage year

bombfrog

Ninth one for me, been lucky enough to have gone every year since 2009. Was an incredible year, helped massively by the weather but doesn’t rank in my top 3 - can’t put my finger on why, but I just didn’t get that same emotion I have previously from others. 

11th for me and it's right up there with the best. 

Heat was brutal but despite being an unfit fat bloke it didn't bother me as much as some (being a non drinker helped)

Musically not my best line up, but that meant I wasn't rushing to get to places and followed friends to things I never would have usually. And the few I really wanted to see were excellent. No dud sets at all.

Dickhead numbers way way down. I steward on the gates and even the scammers and blaggers seemed nicer than usual. Polite while trying it on and no hard feelings when they didn't get in. 

13th festival for me and I really enjoyed it. Definitely down on the random madness levels, maybe due to the heat. Far, far less people completely off their faces. Saw literally no-one peeing where they stood (a first). 

Saw some truly great sets - Lizzo (wow, Queen), Chems (wow), Fontaines DC (they're gonna be BIG), Janelle Monae - and made some new discoveries e.g. Fatoumata Diawara, Fantastic Negrito, Snapped Ankles, Young Offenders. Very, very much enjoyed the Greenpeace DJs late at night, such a great vibe around the Avatar-stylee tree. Only a couple of low points - Miss Lauryn Hill....oh, what it could have been....and Roy Ayers. He was barely on stage, bless him. I saw him perform at Ronnie Scotts in 1989 and he was the absolute dog's b*llocks. His age is clearly showing now :'-(

Bring on 2020. T-Day is going to be heller than usual.