How competitive are volunteering places?

CiaranH

Whats the best way to get involved with the recycling crew? Of all the options think this one would best for me as I'm not overly fussed about stuff on after headliners. Am i right in thinking shifts are 6-12ish? Have always said i'd work if i didn't manage to get tickets, been lucky the last few years but like many others on here feel the luck will run out eventually.

19 hours ago, Ged Devereux said:

Whats the best way to get involved with the recycling crew? Of all the options think this one would best for me as I'm not overly fussed about stuff on after headliners. Am i right in thinking shifts are 6-12ish? Have always said i'd work if i didn't manage to get tickets, been lucky the last few years but like many others on here feel the luck will run out eventually.

Hi there

You are right to a certain extent that shifts are 6-12.  Some are but others are afternoons and some a mixture of both.

Getting involved is pretty tricky these days as they have so many returning volunteers that new spaces are few and far between and those will go to people recommended by people who've volunteered before.

That said I know that there are charities that do litter picking too (the above is about dealing direct with the festival) so they maybe a better bet.  I know some on here do it that way.

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/16/2019 at 7:21 PM, Ged Devereux said:

I wouldn't hold your breath- the website currently says:

'The Recycling Team (litter pickers, etc) is recruited by the Festival. For 2020, those who worked successfully in 2019 will be invited back and thereafter applications will ONLY be taken from people who have been recommended by previous recyclers who should email in January 2020'

There may be some dropouts though so you never know!