Vampire Weekend

JacquelineS

On 7/1/2019 at 9:32 PM, Wooderson said:

What was so much better about the EOTR set

Better visuals, band seemed in a way more jubilant mood, intangible prestige that comes with being a main stage headliner and also feeling like a massive coup for the festival, + me in a much more in the mood for getting down on account of it not being the fifth day on the bounce so my legs aren't fucked and I'm still enjoying drinking beer solidly all day.

I wasn’t in the best of states myself but am fairly certain there was a guy at side of stage recording the whole thing on a small camera , could of just been taking pictures tbf but I would love to relive this as I just spent the full set in awe of what I was witnessing 

1 hour ago, sisco said:

The Secret Morning set was exceptional 

Yeah I really enjoyed both sets but the whole fan selected element of the early set was awesome and it was great to hear sone songs that I wasn’t at all expecting. Plus, their music suits that kind of hazy sunny morning vibe perfectly - not too rowdy but plenty of big lovely singalongs. Definitely one of my favourite ever Glastonbury mornings. 

Gutted nobody requested the Parks and Rec theme, although Hannah Hunt is a good runner up.

2 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

Yeah I really enjoyed both sets but the whole fan selected element of the early set was awesome and it was great to hear sone songs that I wasn’t at all expecting. Plus, their music suits that kind of hazy sunny morning vibe perfectly - not too rowdy but plenty of big lovely singalongs. Definitely one of my favourite ever Glastonbury mornings. 

Gutted nobody requested the Parks and Rec theme, although Hannah Hunt is a good runner up.

Fingerback was a personal highlight.  Got front barrier as well very easily.  Was in awe of the new guitarist, he was unbelievable

Never been my all favourite band but that set was unbelievable. Jerusalem at the end was the most emotional I've ever been at Glastonbury. Thankfully, I get to see it all again at Mad Cool next weekend.

I was still in Strummerville from the night before when they played their secret set. Think I heard them play M79 which I didn't even know they played anymore. Was a nice little moment away from everything else going on.

7 minutes ago, crocodiles said:

Great set perfect build up for the cure . Very talented group with perfect early evening vibe

Agreed re the early evening thing. Am watching them headline (?! - line-ups really are poor this year!) Nos Alive next week. Will be interesting to see if they can pull it off, especially in the dark.