Vampire Weekend

JacquelineS

Couldn't watch them at the park because of the heat. Gutted about it as they are one of my favourite all time bands. Nearly also fucked off home before their set on the pyramid because my feet were so fucked but watching the end of Miley and 70% of the crowd left for the other stage so we were able to easily rock up to th front barrier for a bit of lean releif. 

They are always so lush, Ezra is a humble, lovely bloke and he looked as though he was really enjoying it. 

23 minutes ago, Badlands said:

Was that the lass from Haim playing with them? Thought it odd they have her up and not play any of the songs from the album that she sings.

Nah she's a band member

... and looks nothing like any of Haim

2 minutes ago, GETOFFAMYLAWN said:

Nah she's a band member

... and looks nothing like any of Haim

I wouldn’t recognise any of Haim if I walked past them, but it was mentioned by someone in the crowd next to me. Thought it was odd if so.

think I would have been disappointed if not for the fact that I'd seen them at end of the road 

the secret set was really fun but I was desperately shouting at the barrier for giving up the gun, glad I got to hear finger back and m79 though and sunflower was fantastic as was the Fleetwood Mac cover but felt some of the requests were wasted like Hannah hunt and cape cod 

main set was really good too, this life and sympathy sounded great but ending on Jerusalem new York Berlin was a weird choice for me

I think I just get too hung up on songs they don't play though, if I ignore the fact that they didn't play diplomat's son or giving up the gun it was fantastic but didn't come close to end of the road's setlist

1 minute ago, Losing my hair said:

It's probably that it was a 90 min headline set with no new stuff and just everybody's favourites banged out one after the other.

this, plus better crowd and it was night, twice now(The National as the other example) I've seen one of my favourite bands not be able to reach their best because of the pyramid sub spot, would have preferred them to headline other