Jump to content
jjhoney

Miley Cyrus

Recommended Posts

I watched the first 15 minutes or so but wanted to see Fontaines DC.  No regrets, but I thought she was going down that road.  Definitely on my iplayer list when I get home. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Claire96 said:

After watching her nail Say Hello 2 Heaven a few months back at Chris Cornell's tribute show, my opinion on her completely changed. She's unbelievable. This set was no different. Blown away.

I agree that performance was also very impressive.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Was a good performance but ploddy through the middle section and most of the good things were covers. She’s a good performer but hasn’t got the talent to write good songs consistently.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, bluedaisy said:

Billie not coming across great on TV. 

I thought she seemed p good. Crowd looked fairly flat to me for her apart from Bad Guy and You Should See Me In a Crown tho

Vampire Weekend looks like good times

Edited by Steve1000

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thought Miley looked great. Said I wouldn't watch glasto this weekend as it would make me more miserable I'm not there but couldn't resist.

Her and Babymetal the top acts I've watched on tv

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Thunderstruck said:

She’s a good performer but hasn’t got the talent to write good songs consistently

She's been named as a songwriter on some tracks, this is not actually true as there is a team of songwriters behind her success. Her dad being one of them.😉

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, devli said:

She was absolutely abysmal, one of the worst things I've ever seen at Glastonbury.

You in need of some attention babe? Here’s a virtual hug.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
50 minutes ago, robillustrates said:

Think that was the beauty of it, it was the polar opposite of her own material but she's into both and does it well, hey it might help open some minds, that's what I liked about it.

My grebby self belting out NIN next to some immaculately presented teenage girls was very bizarre  😂

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Watched on iplayer, she was a bit all over the place, clearly trying really hard, but the second half was pretty good I thought. She looked like she really appreciated being there too, coulda faked it I guess, but did well after Kylie's set - who was also grooving at the side. 

Her dad sitting there on the equipment boxes like the king was also hilarious 4cd6b3b1-32f6-4884-9c54-88e85d510b48_1.9

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, jparx said:

My grebby self belting out NIN next to some immaculately presented teenage girls was very bizarre  😂

If I was in the crowd I think I'd have lost my shit too so I think that's great haha

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, MEGATRONICMEATWAGON said:

Watched on iplayer, she was a bit all over the place, clearly trying really hard, but the second half was pretty good I thought. She looked like she really appreciated being there too, coulda faked it I guess, but did well after Kylie's set - who was also grooving at the side. 

Her dad sitting there on the equipment boxes like the king was also hilarious 4cd6b3b1-32f6-4884-9c54-88e85d510b48_1.9

She stepped it up for Glastonbury, played a longer set, threw in more bells and whistles and got her Dad out there too.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, mandolin said:

You in need of some attention babe? Here’s a virtual hug.

Not really. Fair enough not the type of thing I'd usually go see but neither is Kylie and she was brilliant. Mikey's songs are rubbish and she filled her set with a load of pub band covers. She's got a bit of charisma about her but nowhere near the sort of act that should be third from top on pyramid.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Miley was superb. But Billy must have been on drugs. He walked past microphone, song started, he got caught lip syncing, Miley pushed him in front of the mic. After the song he went to the side of the stage under the LED screen and just sat down.. and stayed there for the rest of the show. Alone. After the show he came off but on the way obvs did some odd interaction with the crowd. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, eyebrain said:

Miley was superb. But Billy must have been on drugs. He walked past microphone, song started, he got caught lip syncing, Miley pushed him in front of the mic. After the song he went to the side of the stage under the LED screen and just sat down.. and stayed there for the rest of the show. Alone. After the show he came off but on the way obvs did some odd interaction with the crowd. 

Yeah, he seemed off. If I was her Dad on the sideline I would be going crazy cheering her on and smiling at the cameras. Or if the sun was too much for me I would be back stage. Just seemed weird he was off on the side kind of not mentally participating in any of it. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, robillustrates said:

Think that was the beauty of it, it was the polar opposite of her own material but she's into both and does it well, hey it might help open some minds, that's what I liked about it.

Yes spot on. I'm guessing this setlist would have pissed off some of her fans given they probably didn't know the songs so big risk taken but fair play to her. Definitely opens up a whole new avenue for her, especially given she has the backing of Trent Reznor. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, dentalplan said:

No that was definitely a one-off show.

I think she would be invited back some years down the line if the stars alligned with her touring schedule, she clearly enjoyed the experience.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, kalifire said:

Did she maintain Kylie’s enormous crowd? 

Not, not at all, but she still had a good crowd. It thinned out a fair bit between sets from the looks of it, rather than her losing the crowd.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...