Miley Cyrus

jjhoney

Just now, CaledonianGonzo said:

Huge self-own for any rock fans onsite who skipped the Milester.

Yeah we were planning on staying in the pit after Kylie but then had a bit of a collapse so headed out for shade. So pleased to hear she owned it though. The increased diversity really led to some joyful scenes for me. I wouldnt want to go back to wall to wall indie blokes.

I thought it was a great set. People complaining re: Covers. I'd have ditched Nothing else Matters, but the NIN cover was banging. For me that was a real highlight.

If it wasnt a festival set, I'd agree, but lobbing a few covers in for a wide audience at a festival isn't a bad thing.

She packed a proper punch. Great stuff.

My issue was when he came on miming... but everyone loved it. I was in a minority.

She was shockingly good. Great decision to stay where I was.

Shame the new Old Town Road remix wasn’t released pre Glastonbury - could’ve had Mason Ramsey up in that bitch. 

Mileys set was glorious. Haven’t watched it back yet but it’s still so fresh in my memory. After Kylie I thought ‘well nothing’s topping that’ and then Miley went and owned the whole festival, made especially great for me due to my love of her new EP, and both metal and meme bangers.

45 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

Shame the new Old Town Road remix wasn’t released pre Glastonbury - could’ve had Mason Ramsey up in that bitch. 

Mileys set was glorious. Haven’t watched it back yet but it’s still so fresh in my memory. After Kylie I thought ‘well nothing’s topping that’ and then Miley went and owned the whole festival, made especially great for me due to my love of her new EP, and both metal and meme bangers.

I thought Kylie was ok. I was a bit disappointed tbh. Not that she was bad, cos she wasn't, but I expected her to blow me away. There was a spell in the middle that I didnt like... well my 2 fav Kylie Tunes (CGYOOMH & Slow), I didnt like how they were done. Which was disappointing.

Miley was mint. From the get go.

6 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Looked great - but the Bob / Janelle clash was real. Having seen Janelle on West Holts a few years back I'm pretty happy with the Bob choice.

Seemingly everyone went away happy with their Sunday headliner. I think the last time everyone was that pleased with their Sunday night was 2011. 

55 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Friday 2013 mibbe: Chic vs. Portishead

Not sure if AM got the praise though.

2011 - Beyonce, QOTSA, Kool & the Gang, The Streets, Gruff Rhys

Everyone seemed chuffed with their choice. 

Same with this year. Every stage seemed to throw up a treat in the end ( despite the fact it didn't look that strong on paper)

Edited by FuzzyDunlop

10 hours ago, FuzzyDunlop said:

I thought Kylie was ok. I was a bit disappointed tbh. Not that she was bad, cos she wasn't, but I expected her to blow me away. There was a spell in the middle that I didnt like... well my 2 fav Kylie Tunes (CGYOOMH & Slow), I didnt like how they were done. Which was disappointing.

Miley was mint. From the get go.

What did you expect?, she can't put something in that isn't there. Miley was decent but I actually expected to enjoy it more.

• 2 years later...

Good collaboration here, granted probably not gonna win new fans for either Metallica or Miley.

However, in the preamble Miley talks about her Glastonbury set and how it, and music, gave her some focus to be able to get her “shit together” at a difficult time.

Edited by John the Moth
Changed fb link to YouTube link