Miley Cyrus

jjhoney

2 minutes ago, bluedaisy said:

Billie not coming across great on TV. 

I thought she seemed p good. Crowd looked fairly flat to me for her apart from Bad Guy and You Should See Me In a Crown tho

Vampire Weekend looks like good times

Edited by Steve1000

15 minutes ago, Thunderstruck said:

She’s a good performer but hasn’t got the talent to write good songs consistently

She's been named as a songwriter on some tracks, this is not actually true as there is a team of songwriters behind her success. Her dad being one of them.?

50 minutes ago, robillustrates said:

Think that was the beauty of it, it was the polar opposite of her own material but she's into both and does it well, hey it might help open some minds, that's what I liked about it.

My grebby self belting out NIN next to some immaculately presented teenage girls was very bizarre  ?

• Upvote 1

Watched on iplayer, she was a bit all over the place, clearly trying really hard, but the second half was pretty good I thought. She looked like she really appreciated being there too, coulda faked it I guess, but did well after Kylie's set - who was also grooving at the side. 

Her dad sitting there on the equipment boxes like the king was also hilarious 4cd6b3b1-32f6-4884-9c54-88e85d510b48_1.9

2 minutes ago, MEGATRONICMEATWAGON said:

Watched on iplayer, she was a bit all over the place, clearly trying really hard, but the second half was pretty good I thought. She looked like she really appreciated being there too, coulda faked it I guess, but did well after Kylie's set - who was also grooving at the side. 

Her dad sitting there on the equipment boxes like the king was also hilarious 4cd6b3b1-32f6-4884-9c54-88e85d510b48_1.9

She stepped it up for Glastonbury, played a longer set, threw in more bells and whistles and got her Dad out there too.

11 minutes ago, mandolin said:

You in need of some attention babe? Here’s a virtual hug.

Not really. Fair enough not the type of thing I'd usually go see but neither is Kylie and she was brilliant. Mikey's songs are rubbish and she filled her set with a load of pub band covers. She's got a bit of charisma about her but nowhere near the sort of act that should be third from top on pyramid.

Miley was superb. But Billy must have been on drugs. He walked past microphone, song started, he got caught lip syncing, Miley pushed him in front of the mic. After the song he went to the side of the stage under the LED screen and just sat down.. and stayed there for the rest of the show. Alone. After the show he came off but on the way obvs did some odd interaction with the crowd. 

4 minutes ago, eyebrain said:

Miley was superb. But Billy must have been on drugs. He walked past microphone, song started, he got caught lip syncing, Miley pushed him in front of the mic. After the song he went to the side of the stage under the LED screen and just sat down.. and stayed there for the rest of the show. Alone. After the show he came off but on the way obvs did some odd interaction with the crowd. 

Yeah, he seemed off. If I was her Dad on the sideline I would be going crazy cheering her on and smiling at the cameras. Or if the sun was too much for me I would be back stage. Just seemed weird he was off on the side kind of not mentally participating in any of it. 

2 hours ago, robillustrates said:

Think that was the beauty of it, it was the polar opposite of her own material but she's into both and does it well, hey it might help open some minds, that's what I liked about it.

Yes spot on. I'm guessing this setlist would have pissed off some of her fans given they probably didn't know the songs so big risk taken but fair play to her. Definitely opens up a whole new avenue for her, especially given she has the backing of Trent Reznor.