Best flags

majormajormajor

9 hours ago, tumbles said:

Best flag is the one not in my fucking eyesight when watching a stage 

With you there. Just about every other festival has realised that flags are utterly selfish. It really bugs me that they won't do something about this. If you're not in the front 2000 or so people, you see nothing. I cannot think of one good reason to retain them. "Move forward then" is not an adequate response (because that would really have worked for The Rolling Stones)... 

• Upvote 2

Not a flag holder myself, but don’t understand people getting high and mighty about it. How on earth could that be controlled even if it was banned? If it was done on entrance then that brings up a whole new load of issues.. get over it and watch the gig around them, this is Glastonbury.

Favourite flag for me was one involving peter crouch doing the robot alongside Theresa May, or the Sir Richard Attenborough rave one.

It does look good on T.V. and in photos. 90% hold them fairly steady. I have only encountered one problem where a girl had what was essentially a towel on a really long flimsy pole and was hitting me in the face with it each time she waved that filthy thing which was annoying. It was at the Flaming Lips set at the Park in 2017. I moved up and encountered a group of fellows who just made the whole flaming Lips thing special as they had all broken away from their respective groups to see the Lips. 

1 hour ago, Smeble said:

Glastonbury wouldn’t be Glastonbury without a sea of flags, if you want to see the artist then get up the front, otherwise music is for listening to, not looking at. 

If you need to use a disabled platform, moving forward, or even sideways, isn't an option, and flags are at the perfect height to block the stage and the screens, which is a bit of a downer. 

10 hours ago, DTichborne said:

With you there. Just about every other festival has realised that flags are utterly selfish. It really bugs me that they won't do something about this. If you're not in the front 2000 or so people, you see nothing. I cannot think of one good reason to retain them. "Move forward then" is not an adequate response (because that would really have worked for The Rolling Stones)... 

What a load of rubbish, you can see fine even with the flags it just takes a bit of getting used to. They look great and they add to the atmosphere! 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

59 minutes ago, Deaf Nobby Burton said:

Cant really see the issue with flags, at the main stages unless you’re really close (and then it’s not a problem) the act is tiny and you can’t see them anyway. 

The chemical Brothers was all about a visual experience however and for most in the crowd they would have not seen it fully because of them