Doves vs IDLES?

johnny-yen

1 hour ago, Comfy Bean said:

Idles then up the woods for some fleet Mac wood then back to calling out for Indy disco action.

If it’s tipping down after Idles then I’m always happy ending the night in Chai Wallahs.

How much later do you think Fleetwood Mac will play after IDLES?

35 minutes ago, Curlygirl said:

How much later do you think Fleetwood Mac will play after IDLES?

I’m guessing but I thought that things finished later up there than on the main and calling out.

I don’t remember the times but I thought I watched the end of Elvana after the main stages had finished so was basing my Saturday plan on that ? 

56 minutes ago, Comfy Bean said:

I’m guessing but I thought that things finished later up there than on the main and calling out.

I don’t remember the times but I thought I watched the end of Elvana after the main stages had finished so was basing my Saturday plan on that ? 

I was there for the whole Elvana set. He needed chocks to repair the stage as we broke it moshing. Brilliant set. And he has a spilt in his pants so every time he put his foot on the speaker we all got a right eye full ?

nowt against Doves, they were initially top of my list, but got into Idles over last few months after a recommendation and i couldnt not go see them if they were playing yards from where i was stood. its more of a 'in the moment' thing. Doves are class, always have been, but this is Idles time, they are on the up, have something to say, are edgy as f*ck and very relevant. 

4 hours ago, johnny-yen said:

Does anyone know the official stage times for both bands yet?

Would expect they’ll both start and finish at the same time as the main and calling out headliners last year on the Saturday.

I don’t have a lanyard from last year but hopefully someone will ?

Headliner wise...

Orbital were good in my view but didn't seem to quite get the crowd bouncing.

Nile Rodgers just fab.

Doves were the absolute highlight, utterly brilliant just a pity that the crowd was a 1/10th of what it could have been with the rain.

Courteeners were very dull, arguably the worst Sunday act I have seen at Kendal. Last 15 minutes they kicked it up a notch but otherwise completely flat and it was noticeable that there was a nasty edge to the whole festival this year which i think that booking played a significant part in. 

I didn't know who Years and Years were but they were excellent. Gomez were a let down. Pigeon detectives played a great set also and the Cuban Brothers have the distinction of being the only group were the lead singers bollox had their own chorus. 

I enjoyed myself again, as always was nice to meet up with a few of you on here for a few beers again too.

Belinda cuming for the 15th anniversary???

25 minutes ago, bottonrob said:

Headliner wise...

Orbital were good in my view but didn't seem to quite get the crowd bouncing.

Nile Rodgers just fab.

Doves were the absolute highlight, utterly brilliant just a pity that the crowd was a 1/10th of what it could have been with the rain.

Courteeners were very dull, arguably the worst Sunday act I have seen at Kendal. Last 15 minutes they kicked it up a notch but otherwise completely flat and it was noticeable that there was a nasty edge to the whole festival this year which i think that booking played a significant part in. 

I didn't know who Years and Years were but they were excellent. Gomez were a let down. Pigeon detectives played a great set also and the Cuban Brothers have the distinction of being the only group were the lead singers bollox had their own chorus. 

I enjoyed myself again, as always was nice to meet up with a few of you on here for a few beers again too.

Belinda cuming for the 15th anniversary???

I thought courteeners were excellent and same with most people I talked to

IDLES absolutely bloody killed it, as always

we watched dream wife - slow thai - IDLES so missed all the rain...brilliant Saturday for us!

I heard the crowd for doves was tiny? not sure why they were headlining anyway tbh , but glad IDLES were in Calling Out for the weather!

• 1 month later...
On 7/15/2019 at 7:45 PM, Jay Pee said:

You ain't wrong Brother.

Watching them on the Park Stage the other week was exhilarating.

Watching them on iPlayer the other day was fuckin hilarious

IDLES Mega Lolz.jpg

just seen this doh

was a bit concerned when half that pic came up, but its only BoBo 

what a night in that tent with the rain outside..