Headliners 2020

MEGATRONICMEATWAGON

I know 2019 isn't finished yet, but just read this on the Guardian about Glastonbury coming under fire for lack of female headliners, and with EE aiming for 50/50 representation, who would step up to the Pyramid in 2020? 

https://www.theguardian.com/music/2019/jun/30/glastonbury-gender-balance-performers-headline-acts-men

I can imagine Foals being on the Friday or Saturday - they looked good on the Park yesterday and the crowd was massive, perhaps Fleetwood Mac ("they have a big field to play") or Elton John on the Sunday, then a female solo artist/ band for the Fri/Saturday? At least Fleetwood Mac would have Christine and Stevie there I guess.
Can you imagine Lady Gaga or Taylor Swift being approached to headline? Or even someone a bit leftfield like P!nk? 
It wouldn't be very female orientated if Paul McCartney was the third headliner, despite ME's nod in that direction in April.

Fri: the Foals
Sat: Fleetwood Mac
Sun: Taylor Swift

I would've loved TAYLOR swift this year, can easily see next year with her album out later this year. 

Think Fleetwood Mac/Paul McCartney could fill another. 

Foals do seem like an obvious other choice which is a shame because they bore the tits out of me. But seems a couple of years too early for the likes of Wolf Alice. 

Edited by Riggins

Don’t think too many would complain with:

Fri: Foals    Sat: Fleetwood Mac     Sun: Taylor Swift

They would ticks all the boxes in terms of genres, age and gender equality. None of them are boring or safe bookings and all deserve it in their own right. 

Edited by st dan

9 minutes ago, Riggins said:

I would've loved TAYLOR swift this year, can easily see next year with her album out later this year. 

Think Fleetwood Mac/Paul McCartney could fill another. 

Foals do seem like an obvious other choice which is a shame because they bore the tits out of me. But seems a couple of years too early for the likes of Wolf Alice. 

Foals actually aren't my favourite either, but they seemed more energetic watching them last night. Perhaps it was the Bulmers in my stomach talking 

So youre betting on Taylor to finally give into performing at non radio festivals, which isnt her forte due to the fact that she could sell out Hyde Park or Wembley 3 nights in a row and make all of her money.

Gaga would be difficult right now because of her Vegas residency. She just added another round of dates which end mid May 2020. So she would have a month to prepare and rehearse a whole other show for Glasto which doesnt seem ideal. 

And arent next years headliners already sorted? EE is usually 2 years ahead just to ensure she has who she wants and then rounds out the rest of the line up as the year progresses. 

Foals/Fleetwood/Madonna

theres only a handful of nee prominent female artists that could be considered, but its a matter of how well it would be received.  ( leaving Florence out because it wouldnt be a consideration until she has another new album out ) 

Ariana Grande

Rihanna

Halsey

Lana Del Rey

Billie Eilish ( if she smashes it at Other Stage today it might be enough, but doubtful  for 2020. Probably needs another new album and Reading/Leeds can just nab her instead )

Spice Girls would do the trick, but it has to be all 5 of them, not 4.