The Killers

jparx

Just now, Odessa said:

Maaate I had the bet with FF. I'm sure we've had conversations as well hahaha.

I think I've always thought they'd headline again. Same as I do Kings of Leon and Kasabian (and formerly Mumford & Sons but I'd walk back on that now). I didn't, however, expect the performance to properly elevate them above those names I've just mentioned and into undeniable legacy champs of 2000's rock.

• Like 1

Yeah gotta eat my own words entirely on this one. I was right in them not being the first (or second) choice, and in a lot of ways I think they knew full well they were going in to this gig as underdogs and a somewhat disappointing headliner (on paper) than what Glastonbury is known for, and although I wasn’t there, by all accounts they absolutely owned it and gave people a reason to believe they should’ve always been considered again.

Gotta give it to them - I don’t think many, if any people thought they were gonna bring it like they did, and actually all three headliners this year all proved that bigger doesn’t mean better, and a hungry band with something to prove can often do a far better job at headlining than a bigger band who the festival has to beg to be there. 

Getting an early start for tonight's concert in Cleveland, Ohio, by watching their Glastonbury show. I doubt anybody on here is from the area, but if you are, they are playing a free show down at Mall B. The show isn't listed on their tour schedule, but it starts at 8.

20190706_051103.jpg

Edited by jevans.900
in=at
  • Upvote 1

Didn't really want to see them but was dragged. Great set and you could see what it meant.

Would have liked Bones and On top instead of a couple of other tracks to make it 10/10.

When they came out to such a powerful Frank Sinatra song I thought it was brave and they ripped into 3 hits to get the crowd going.

I couldn't understand the doubts over them from people before. They're one of the best modern headliners you could possibly get. They never fail to put on a show, and they have a list of hits many bands would be jealous of. Loved it.

On ‎7‎/‎6‎/‎2019 at 3:39 PM, august1 said:

Would have liked Bones and On top instead of a couple of other tracks to make it 10/10.

And Uncle Jonny.

29 minutes ago, Gacheezbo said:

Absolutely loved it. Only partially ruined by some bell next to me constantly announcing he wishes he wasn't there and critiquing the set throughout. Just f*ck off if you want to be elsewhere or at least keep it to yourself. Insufferable.

I'd have had to tell him that.  What a dick.

1 hour ago, Gacheezbo said:

Absolutely loved it. Only partially ruined by some bell next to me constantly announcing he wishes he wasn't there and critiquing the set throughout. Just f*ck off if you want to be elsewhere or at least keep it to yourself. Insufferable.

1 hour ago, GoonerRob said:

Found it quite boring if im honest, wish i went to the Chems.

Edit : Except the bit with Jonny Marr doing Charming Man... that was cool.

you weren't wearing glasses and between the two sound desks were you? ?

Was one of the best sets I've seen. Setlist was near enough perfection for a festival (although I still wish they'd play Bones, and they could've squeezed in Run for Cover). Was topped off by that encore. Read that it was apparently the loudest performance in Glastonbury history. 

They weren't a popular choice (particularly on here) and they were up against it in terms of matching or bettering the secret set, but they smashed it. Developed into such a great live band. 

Their 'best of' also went to number 6 on the album charts last week following Glastonbury. 

On 7/9/2019 at 1:13 PM, Hugh Jass said:

WTF was that Jimmy Carr business all about?

He did the same thing for them at V a few years back. Although he then introduced the encore. 

Edited by Bennykill