The Killers

jparx

They took a lot of flak in the build up, but holy balls did they nail that set. They played out of their skin and smashed it beyond my highest expectations. Wasn't even convinced I'd see them until about an hour before the set started, but glad I did. What an incredible set.

Thought they deserved their own thread based off this evening. Curious if anyone else went along and how it came across on TV.  

Spent most of the show really enjoying it but thinking I should have been at the Chemical Brothers. Then the encore happens and any doubts about my decision disappeared. What a show it was. 

Couldn't afford to go this year, so I've been watching on the telly. I honestly didn't think The Killers could best their set on the John Peel stage last year. Well... Holy shit. That's me told. They were INCREDIBLE. Johnny Marr and The Pet Shop Boys were a delicious icing on what was already a fantastic cake.

Those of you that were there to witness it in person: you lucky sods.

I wasn't convinced at all with the Killers when they were announced but as this is my first Glastonbury I wanted to see at least one headliner at the Pyramid... What a show! Absolutely loved it. Amazing atmosphere when Marr joined for The Charming Man. You can still hear people talking about it this morning. 

I was at The Killers, they were amazing. This is my 5th time here and they are the best headliner set I’ve seen. I’m heavily biased as seeing them headline the Pyramid Stage is a dream for me but I genuinely think the set was incredible.

Brandon Flowers had the crown eating out of the palm of his hand, the tracks were all belters and leaving Mr Brightside to the end made the place go crazy! The atmosphere there was incredible. Going up on my friends shoulders during Mr Brightside, turning round and seeing the sea of people  is one my best moments of my life. That whole set was to be honest, I’m even emotional thinking about it now.

I am so happy I saw them last night, I’ll never forget it. I need to thank everyone that helped me get a place here after missing out on a ticket, you are all incredible.

Edited by Ozanne
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 3

3 minutes ago, Ozanne said:

I was at The Killers, they were amazing. This is my 5th time here and they are the best headliner set I’ve seen. I’m heavily biased as seeing them headline the Pyramid Stage is a dream for me but I genuinely think the set was incredible.

Brandon Flowers had the crown eating out of the palm of his hand, the tracks were all belters and leaving Mr Brightside to the end made the place go crazy! The atmosphere there was incredible. Going up on my friends shoulders during Mr Brightside, turning round and seeing the sea of people  is one my best moments of my life. That whole set was to be honest, I’m even emotional thinking about it now.

I am so happy I saw them last night, I’ll never forget it. I need to thank everyone that helped me get a place here after missing out on a ticket, you are all incredible.

Glad you got to see them Ozanne. 

• Upvote 1