Running out of water?

Ommadawn

14 minutes ago, Ommadawn said:

Just spoken to a mate who works one of the Info points. She tells me they've been advised that the site is running  low on water. Can anyone confirm this.  Presumably they can just get some tankers to fill up the reservoir.

That's what the staff are saying, however I'm sure they have a contingency plan in place - keep drinking and stay hydrated! 

They killed the use of the free showers to conserve the water, but I’m sure they have contingencies.

Tip: Go to a bar to refill if the water queues are too long, also people don’t seem to be using the sinks half way down campsite hedgerows as much.

Just reading daily fail article about people moaning about water point queues then they consequently show loads of pictures of selfish sods washing their hair at the sinks FFS <_<

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-7195095/Thousands-Glastonbury-festival-goers-complain-huge-queues-water-hot-temperatures.html

30 min q for water this morning, all due to people washing their hair in sinks. Lost my Glasto chill for a while - how they can ignore a q of 50+ people while they hog a sink for 10mins or so is beyond me.

Had a strong mutter under my breath.

2 minutes ago, Northtim said:

30 min q for water this morning, all due to people washing their hair in sinks. Lost my Glasto chill for a while - how they can ignore a q of 50+ people while they hog a sink for 10mins or so is beyond me.

Had a strong mutter under my breath.

Restraint is not always needed. Politely shame.

8 minutes ago, shoptildrop said:

Just reading daily fail article about people moaning about water point queues then they consequently show loads of pictures of selfish sods washing their hair at the sinks FFS <_<

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-7195095/Thousands-Glastonbury-festival-goers-complain-huge-queues-water-hot-temperatures.html

some of the comments on that article have both angered and amused me at the same time, some truly horrible people read that website!

1 minute ago, prestonmike said:

some of the comments on that article have both angered and amused me at the same time, some truly horrible people read that website!

I do read the site myself for the comments alone as can't believe the stuff people come out with tbh :( 

Been watching it on iplayer and found myself screaming at the TV about people not wearing hats!  Take care folks.  I know that the water is free but please consider soft drinks or fuit if the water becomes difficult to get.  (Grandma rant over)

Hope you are all having an absolutely amazing time.

4 minutes ago, mandolin said:

Been watching it on iplayer and found myself screaming at the TV about people not wearing hats!  Take care folks.  I know that the water is free but please consider soft drinks or fuit if the water becomes difficult to get.  (Grandma rant over)

Hope you are all having an absolutely amazing time.

Wearing a hat makes me much sweatier. My head needs to breathe.

People are queuing for the water aid kiosks.  Ignoring the standpipes next to them. Or queuing at the first set or sinks not realising at each long drop there are sinks at either ends....

The bars do have free water and at the barriers at each stage the security guards are filling up bottles....

• Upvote 1

35 minutes ago, shoptildrop said:

If there is a big queue for water like near the cider bus just move to the taps at the top of prRamid I’ve been using them all afternoon .. and very little queue ... stay safe everyone x 

1 minute ago, crazyfool1 said:

If there is a big queue for water like near the cider bus just move to the taps at the top of prRamid I’ve been using them all afternoon .. and very little queue ... stay safe everyone x 

Yeah seems to be the case people are queuing for no reason as plenty of taps elsewhere... I'm not on site as didn't get a ticket, so I'm okay water or beer wise :) 

4 minutes ago, herzzreh said:

How come no one is using taps on the side of water aid kiosks? I've filled up twice today without waiting; everyone else was in line to fill up from the kiosk people. It's the same water, people...

I for one are glad they are not.  Means I can quickly get my bottles filled without a queue.

• Upvote 1

26 minutes ago, herzzreh said:

How come no one is using taps on the side of water aid kiosks? I've filled up twice today without waiting; everyone else was in line to fill up from the kiosk people. It's the same water, people...

The taps aren’t in use while the kiosk is open. They’re fit when it’s shut ? 

showers have been turned off across the site to conserve water and pressure went down, but pressure seems to be back up and everyone is fine. Lovely lovely. 

1 hour ago, babyblade41 said:

they have released  a statement that water isn't running low,, but it does seem the opposite onsite 

I posted about this in Questions over two hours ago - the order was issued about Noon so whatever GFL Claim water to the showers in Crew areas and some other places remain OFF until the word goes out that they can be switched on again - will have a word with head of Production later to see what the score is

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Peroni said:

People are queuing for the water aid kiosks.  Ignoring the standpipes next to them. Or queuing at the first set or sinks not realising at each long drop there are sinks at either ends....

The bars do have free water and at the barriers at each stage the security guards are filling up bottles....

This. Doing loo crew for wateraid, all the kiosks have stand pipes that people don't notice. The sinks at the loos pump out the same water. 

Our showers are still off, I imagine the teams that were the 12-6 shift this afternoon are fuming, but best for everyone.