Is It Too Hot?

st dan

Is it too Hot?  

280 members have voted

1. 1. Is it too Hot?

• Yes
    • No

2 hours ago, kemosabe said:

It was probably ‘too’ hot, but I would take it over rain 100%. Saturday morning on a hangover was pretty ropey (fine after a sit down in the shade and a lot of water). Sunday was absolutely the perfect weather for me. 

I refuse to complain about a non-muddy festival. 

That's the thing. I voted 'too hot' as there was a point early afternoon on Saturday where I definitely was thinking it was too hot, without the breeze. But I would 100% take 2019 weather every time. And yes, Sunday was perfection.

2 hours ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Any time.

Wouldn't like to have been dressed as a tree in those circumstances. No wonder they went down to their pants.

Then I went to see Slowthai, who was also in his pants - but had to keep his socks on because he was burning his bare feet on the stage.

Ooh I wandered what the socks were about... even thru the TV it looked particulary hot at West holts for that set. 

On 7/5/2019 at 4:39 PM, Cream Soda said:

Were you in a camper?  There was absolutely no shade around my tent and staying in the porch bit wasn't an option beyond about 10am unless you wanted to be cooked alive so we were forced out earlier than usual to seek shade elsewhere.  

the tent had an attachment which opened out and became a roof / shaded area

Had to abort watching Mattiel Saturday afternoon at the Park, my brain felt like it was being microwaved. Drank only water all day, but felt so rough had to go and find shade (ended up at the water taps under the spike bar for about an hour).

I'll take it over 2016 though. Mud is a 24hr problem, Heat is normally just a few hours.

I nearly cracked under the heat when Lewis Capaldi was on, nothing to do with his set but I very nearly said to my mates "fuck this, lets get some shade. I was seriously flagging at that point,  Luckily someone had several cold cans of lager which helped the situation.

Saturday was definitely a bit intense - we got back to the tent around 7am with some mates, stayed up for a couple of hours by which point it was hotter than the surface of the sun. ended up out for the day on 0 hours sleep. I actually had 6 hours sleep total over 4 nights as it was just too hot near the tent, and when you're out, you're out.

I remember queuing up for water mid day Saturday, taps were trickling out so slowly.

didn't help the showers were shut so the “I can’t survive without a shower” collective we’re showering at the taps when everyone else was dying of thirst