Is It Too Hot?

st dan

Is it too Hot?  

280 members have voted

1. 1. Is it too Hot?

• Yes
    • No

Having enjoyed 2010 without a care about the weather I was really excited once the weather had finally been locked in. 

I could still get around OK this year although there was a bit on Saturday afternoon like most people where I thought 'This is just too much!'

Lookig back on it now it was a vintage year and the weather only helped that. I still feel exhausted after it all and don't look forward to going back to work tomorrow. Also, how on earth did I pick up a cold from one of the warmest Glasto's ever?!

Edited by andyhh
Spelling

1 minute ago, andyhh said:

Having enjoyed 2010 without a care about the weather I was really excited once the weather had finally been locked in. 

I could still get around OK this year although there was a bit on Saturday afternoon liek most people where I thought 'This is just too much!'

Lookig back on it now it was a vintage year and the weather only helped that. I still feel exhausted after it all and don't look forward to going back to work tomorrow. Also, how on earth did I pick up a cold from one of the warmest Glasto's ever?!

I’m pretty sure that was a lot hotter than 2010 (well Friday and Saturday at least) 

Wasn't that a solid 25 all weekend?  This year it was 32 on Saturday! 

Saturday was incredibly hard work, trekked from Hitchin Hill to The Park for VW and by the time I arrived I was sweating buckets and couldn't regulate my temperate or cool down even in the shade. It was tough going, but I bailed on VW two songs in and went to collapse inside John Peel for an hour and crawled back to my tent for 3/4 hours in the shade. Regained myself by 3pm and managed to make it to Self Esteem at BBC Introducing, but it was tough going.  The cloud cover from about 4.30pm onwards saved me for sure.

Never want to have a day like that on the farm again.

Edited by grayfitz

7 minutes ago, gooner1990 said:

I’m pretty sure that was a lot hotter than 2010 (well Friday and Saturday at least) 

Wasn't that a solid 25 all weekend?  This year it was 32 on Saturday! 

My BBC app only(!) had the Saturday as 27 so if it was 5 degrees warmer than that in reality that would make sense. 

I do remember my friend having to have to sleep under a newspaper on Saturday 2010 whilst watching Kate Nash it was that warm.

3 minutes ago, andyhh said:

My BBC app only(!) had the Saturday as 27 so if it was 5 degrees warmer than that in reality that would make sense. 

I do remember my friend having to have to sleep under a newspaper on Saturday 2010 whilst watching Kate Nash it was that warm.

I was camped with my co-workers and all our various weather apps said something between 27 and 33! (Mine said 32)

I can’t recall having to hide from the sun that much in 2010. (Although I was 28 then and I’m 37 now so perhaps my old body can’t handle it as much!)

3 minutes ago, gooner1990 said:

I was camped with my co-workers and all our various weather apps said something between 27 and 33! (Mine said 32)

I can’t recall having to hide from the sun that much in 2010. (Although I was 28 then and I’m 37 now so perhaps my old body can’t handle it as much!)

Looking back at 2010 I just remember drinking so much during the heat. This year I couldn't stomach a drink until after six it was that warm. 

As much as I had the piss taken out of me for drinking them this year I'm sure dioralyte was a godsend.

Just now, andyhh said:

Looking back at 2010 I just remember drinking so much during the heat. This year I couldn't stomach a drink until after six it was that warm. 

As much as I had the piss taken out of me for drinking them this year I'm sure dioralyte was a godsend.

I had Saturday off from working this year and didn’t have my first pint till 5pm! 

I burned my head quite badly on the Friday and have spent much of this week looking like deadpool but that was my own fault and I can categorically say that it absofuckinglutely was not too hot. Although a spot of shade was always welcome, I found that 2010 was worse. The weather this year was glorious.?

As I remember it, 2010 was brutal. From gates open to almost exactly 5pm Monday, not a cloud. One afternoon I slept under a massive truck in Williams.

But this year felt waaaay worse. Was it humidity? Temp?

Do any of the resident weather geeks have history data? Am I just getting old or was this the scorcher of a decade?

I love the heat but found saturday really hard work.  It didn't help that I was nursing a tremendous hangover so all I could do was drink water till it was cool enough to drink.

Weds-Fri was really hot but was just manageable.  Though getting stuck in a 5 hour queue at Gate A and a 10 hour journey (having to drive from Liverpool, via Brighton)  wasn't the ideal start to the festival.

I pretty much was pouring water into my cap to keep my head cool.  It worked a treat and at least fooled my body into thinking I wasn't boiling alive.

Honestly for me it never quite got as bad as the Wednesday of 2017, always seemed to be a bit more breeze/less humidity than then. Having 4-5 days straight one notch down from that though was definitely exhausting.

Full disclaimer: I was working behind the bar in the Stonebridge during Saturday afternoon, which, whilst not pleasant, between the shade and the through breeze was definitely bearable, I appreciate I may well have a different take if I had been trying to bimble/see bands at this point.

I found Friday harder than Saturday, the Saturday may have been hotter but it cooled down much earlier. We were watching Johnny Marr at 5.30 and it was fine to outside drinking. Friday seemed to be hot well into the evening, remember being up in the Park for Idles and it still being roasting. By the time it got to about 9pm on Friday we just had no energy left for anything, whereas Saturday we went well into the night.

I found the crew bars a life saver in that heat ,loads of places to sit in the shade no queues for the toilets or bars , so we spent a good while sat on sofas having a few. Cold ciders after watching Gerry cinnamon     

It was probably ‘too’ hot, but I would take it over rain 100%. Saturday morning on a hangover was pretty ropey (fine after a sit down in the shade and a lot of water). Sunday was absolutely the perfect weather for me. 

I refuse to complain about a non-muddy festival. 

• Upvote 1

No it it was not too hot, it was perfection

why do us Brits always find things to moan about  :)

too hot, too cold, too wet. it was lovely and dry and if your prepared for it wearing the right clothes, taking some shade , drinking plenty of water. it was fine. I stayed out of the midday sun, choosing not to leave the the shade of the camp until 13:00 most days. It was glorious , i wore trainers all festival with vest and shorts. chucked a jumper in my bag because it got chilly at around 22:00.  As long as you prepared each day for the heat you would have been fine. If it was chucking it down and knee deep in mud, you wouldn't go out in shorts and flip flops with no coat.

there is one major down side to it being absolutely glorious , all the people who have never been to Glastonbury as they fear the mud and the dirt, watching it on TV then thinking shall we go next year it looks amazing. that is more of a strain on ticket day. 

Everyone at work: “Ooh, you’re tanned! Where have you been?”

Me: “Somerset!”

EAW: “Ha ha! Where really?

Me: “Somerset - been to Glastonbury!”

EAW: “Makes a change from being muddy, eh?!?!”

Me: “Ha ha, yes, I supp..:”

EAW: “ Normally, you’d be covered in mud!!”

Me: “Absolut...”

EAW: “I saw The Killers on TV they looked ace. Did you go?”

Me: “Oh, fuck off”

• Upvote 1