Is It Too Hot?

st dan

Is it too Hot?  

280 members have voted

1. 1. Is it too Hot?

• Yes
    • No

4 hours ago, robillustrates said:

Quite a few of them don't offer camping, so you have to stay in a hotel and enjoy some comforts like air con and a swimming pool.

And most of them don't really start till 6pm-ish either. Plus they're all nowhere near the size of Glastonbury. 

18 minutes ago, robillustrates said:

Yeah Mad Cool was advertised as 50k but felt more like 80k which is about as big as they get I presume.

I think it was 80,000. Will be less this year as they've reduced capacity and not sold as many tickets. Primavera is 50,000 per day but is over a far larger site. 

5 hours ago, DDave said:

I think it was 80,000. Will be less this year as they've reduced capacity and not sold as many tickets. Primavera is 50,000 per day but is over a far larger site. 

They got rid of VIP too, which I understand completely but going VIP was an amazing decision last summer.

Completely wore me out. Saw half the band's I was hoping to, and stayed in my mate's massive tent with him until 2pm on Saturday before venturing out (and even that was to the shaded John Peel).

Thursday and Friday we're hot but had breeze so they were doable. Saturday was utterly horrific, with the breeze removed. Sunday was fine.

Saturday was absolutely brutal, couldn’t be out of the shade for more than 30 seconds without breaking out in a head to toe sweat. 

I also found Friday a massive struggle - although that was partly due to having a level 4 hangover.

I had a heavy one on Thursday night which made Friday utter hell. Brain was in a far better state on Saturday and I stayed off it so coped ok. Worked out well actually because I ended up with far more left in the tank on Sunday than I normally would.

3 hours ago, Mouseboy11 said:

Do we know if it broke the previous 'hottest day' record from Wednesday 2017? I wasn't there this year but that day was absolutely unbearable.

I don't believe the temperature record from 2017 was broken no, not from what I was reading.

It's interesting hearing about people's experiences with the heat, considering the breeze on the Thurs and Friday and Wed and Sun being absolutely lovely. I swear 2010 was a way hotter festival constantly floating around the 30 degrees mark. I know we adapated our drinking plans, had a lot more water, slept outdoors and tipped a lot of water over ourselves but I remember coping with that pretty well and partying very hard 4/5 nights, the other night was when the heatstroke and lack of sleep caught up with me so was fine with that.

Saturday was tough...I can handle the heat, but it was sapping my strength all the same. Hid in the Cabaret tent.

Then I needed my bloody coat on later cos it really dropped in temp.

Wednesday and Thursday and Sunday were perfect weather

Friday watching Bjorn Again I was sweating buckets and had to go back to the CV afterwards to change my clothes which was a faff but my own fault. Saturday my hangover coupled with the heat was brutal although it did get lovely and cool in the evening thankfully. 

Like someone said earlier, I did 2016 and found it far easier.

I could NOT cope with Friday or Saturday so compromises were made. Still had a great time but just different to what I thought but if it hadn’t of been for the dip Sunday to bearable I don’t think I would want to go back.