Is It Too Hot?

st dan

Is it too Hot?  

280 members have voted

1. 1. Is it too Hot?

• Yes
    • No

This morning and afternoon was tough up until then I thought it was great, the last 3 days were ok for me. Big cheer from the pyramid crowd when the clouds appeared. You know it’s hot when people are sitting beside the jacks for shade ?

Edited by Madyaker

Hope all you lucky people are now able to make up for lost time and party as the sun is going down..although you must be tired... get that second wind and enjoy

I have been trying to keep pigs cool all day and that's no mean feat I can tell you so we are glad it's all cooling down... For me I think I prefer the mud !!

3 hours ago, robillustrates said:

Watching Liam G on stream, there seems to be a lot more cloud and accuweather says its cooled down a fair bit compared to earlier, is that the case?

Yes I'm.bloody freezing now in  breeze with 3 tshirts and a gillet on. But that's prolly coz today was so hot it feels colder now. Warming up at welfare tent fire lol

Having worked outside for a while now,  I would have killed for weather like this on glasto weekend. instead of a mud shit show

That said, I can see how it must be very hard work for folk not used to the sun,

or even those that have just been been drinking, (or other) for several days straight now

Yesterday we made the effort to take the long climb up to Strummerville & spent the afternoon lying in the shade up there before coming back down as the sun went off a bit.

Had a lovely day.

So yes it has been too hot, but we just found our way round it so no it hasn’t!

The heat doesn’t affect me and my ability to drink thankfully, although I’ve found the bars to be absolute murder.

Its probably because I stupidly end up at all the busy ones, but the one by the glade during Carl cox was particularly brutal. The queue was about 6 deep and but the time I got out with some drinks my T-shirt was see through. I did at one point think I was going to pass out. It actually made going back outside into the 30 degree heat seem rather pleasant.

24 minutes ago, Deaf Nobby Burton said:

The heat doesn’t affect me and my ability to drink thankfully, although I’ve found the bars to be absolute murder.

Its probably because I stupidly end up at all the busy ones, but the one by the glade during Carl cox was particularly brutal. The queue was about 6 deep and but the time I got out with some drinks my T-shirt was see through. I did at one point think I was going to pass out. It actually made going back outside into the 30 degree heat seem rather pleasant.

I worked that bar last year & can confirm it is hell on Saturday nights in there!

It was brutally hot yesterday. But I found a very cool spot in the Glade and spent the afternoon there dancing, had a couple pops out to the Bar by the EE tent who has frozen margaritas. I have a s'well bottle (triple vacuum sealed) so I'd ask them to fill it with ice as well and it stays freezing cold. Theres still chunks of ice in my bottle right now. 

The worst bit for me was the morning, slept under the shade of my neighbors tent for a bit and when that went away went and sat in the shade by the trees. Apparently in the UK you have some sort of poison oak in your trees and I had some nice white stinging bumps on my arm and arse for most of yesterday. Only an annoyance and they seem to be gone now but I'm glad I wasnt one of the people sleeping on it!