Is It Too Hot?

st dan

Is it too Hot?  

280 members have voted

1. 1. Is it too Hot?

• Yes
    • No

52 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

I’ve barely touched a drop of alcohol since I’ve been here. Been too hot to drink.

WBC Executives are convinced they sell more when its hot - I know that is not true - best sales are made when its overcast but dry - glad I am not stuck in a Counter bar as they are murder when they are hot - today I am staying in the shade until 7pm and then walking up the crew path to Arcadia (its in shade due to the trees) and going into the crew bar for a cold drink - stuff doing that in the afternoon.

It's definitely too hot. Headed to permaculture to try and get a cool/quiet spot and I've never seen it anywhere near that rammed before.

I had a heavy one on Thursday so yesterday was absolute hell for me, kept it more sensible last night and I'm definitely faring better, but I really can't be spending more than 10-15 mins out of the shade. Really glad there's not much I fancy seeing today.

Too hot today, Greenpeace is a welcome refuge. Nice shaded bar which isn’t that busy (so I probably shouldn’t be sharing this!), and some decent bands & dj’s.

I’d be interested to see if main stage crowds are affected. I ain’t venturing away from here until Lizzo when it will be cooler.

Currently sat in the first bit of shade with space I've seen all day; by the entrance to the John Peel field.  Not even interested in anyone there until Low at 6 but can't see myself giving up the shade.

From the clay like mud of 2016 to the unforgiven heat of this year, safe to say I've done both extremes!

1 hour ago, FloorFiller said:

Honestly can’t see a single person on site who isn’t suffering from the heat in one way or another. It’s ludicrous. As a staunch advocate of hot weather at festivals, I’m seriously considering changing my stance. Literally no respite from it this year - just a constant attempt at trying and failing to find shade.

The best festival weather is no rain, peaks of 20 degrees with a mild breeze and overcast conditions in the morning to the tent doesn't boil and you can get decent sleep. Hot festivals are grim (but preferred to rain) because it makes it much harder to enjoy bands and sleep is restricted.

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, devli said:

This brief cloud cover with accompanying breeze is probably one of the best things I've ever experienced.

It's beautiful. Everyone around us let out the biggest cheer of the weekend. Weather is perfect now.

Blessed clouds!! We’re over the worst now folks. Temperature will drop and it’s Saturday night at Glastonbury. 

I basically forewent everything I wanted to see this afternoon. Glad it wasn’t tomorrow m, when my schedule is more packed. 

A power nap at the Lizard tent in Green Futures sorted me out so now it’s full steam ahead for the evening.