Red Arrows

sisco

2 hours ago, Madyaker said:

Someone told me there’s an air show in Plymouth today so I guess they decided to do a flyover

It is interesting as I thought there was a no fly zone over the site this weekend! Caught them as I was having my morning brew outside the tent!

44D9F7D4-D171-4130-B700-CBF9F4CB15D4.thumb.jpeg.a7d7df788ebed2c4ce289e549acae4f8.jpeg

• Upvote 1

Well there has been fighter jets flying over from 1981 or close and each year some spokesperson has claimed ' there was no jets in the area ' - this year they did not fly over the normal route so perhaps that may happen tomorrow - looks good but each year I do worry if one had mechanical failure then it could be deadly

44 minutes ago, glasto-worker said:

Well there has been fighter jets flying over from 1981 or close and each year some spokesperson has claimed ' there was no jets in the area ' - this year they did not fly over the normal route so perhaps that may happen tomorrow - looks good but each year I do worry if one had mechanical failure then it could be deadly

The speed they go if they had a failure anywhere near the festival they’d land miles away

1 hour ago, glasto-worker said:

But if the failure happens just before it the results are unthinkable

It is but they’re very well trained, they’ve got a lot of space in which to land clear. No more likely than a Helicopter Crashing or a truck exploding 

3 hours ago, glasto-worker said:

Yes, and I remember that at a time when the festival sponsored CND the ‘fly past’ of fighter jets was not so well received and usually accompanied by mutters of “w*nkers”.