Missing in action Glasto 19

Ohinever

On 6/29/2019 at 6:15 AM, hurdy said:

Can't find Linda's Loaf? 

I spoke to Lynda at the Bristol Harbourside market a couple of years ago, and she said then she expected 2017 would be her last. Can’t remember the exact reason she gave, but I got the impression the general changes to the Greenpeace field impacted her decision. I do still, miss the farmers’ market they had there, and one of Lynda’s focaccia’s was a must eat of any festival. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Lucy92 said:

Chameleon bar was missing this year too 

Sort of killed that area of late, was like a ghosttown after midnight. Elephant bar had a few in but anytime I passed Bread and Roses, Temple, Rum bar were all deserted. Could do with more bars round that area with something on the night. 

Everything's either at SE, Pangea or a bit in the Dance Village, though only really deaf disco that was busy round there when we went.

On 6/28/2019 at 11:17 PM, parsonjack said:

I'm not there but buddy there told me yesterday...apparently the stone carving is still there but no secret pub....there is a gravestone with RIP The Mason's Arms on it ?

He also had a memorial book for it - had a chat with him when my son was doing a bit of stone carving - he was most pissed off to be banned from having it this year. Managed to rustle me too a very appreciated gin and tonic though ?

Linda’s Loaf- I missed 2017 and went up Thursday for my usual warm focaccia. Gutted to find out it wasn’t there. I also really missed ‘the growler’- after a few bevvies that always hit the spot. Noticed Back of Beyond had gone as well- used to love it in there.

34 minutes ago, katiepougher said:

He also had a memorial book for it - had a chat with him when my son was doing a bit of stone carving - he was most pissed off to be banned from having it this year. Managed to rustle me too a very appreciated gin and tonic though ?

Fantastic...next year maybe...sshhh ?

Fest could do with a review of Thursday night. Was saying to Mardy that they should have someone relatively big on each of the 4 main stages at 8/8.30->10/10.30. One single big hitter. Could take a couple risks here. 

For example... why not stick George Fitz on the WH? He was miles too popular for the Glade.

2 hours ago, katiepougher said:

To be honest, it's a surprise that it lasted as long as it did - I assumed the game would be up when people started posting openly about it on here a few years ago.

2 minutes ago, incident said:

To be honest, it's a surprise that it lasted as long as it did - I assumed the game would be up when people started posting openly about it on here a few years ago.

I think what killed it was featuring in best kept secrets article in the Somerset live :(

43 minutes ago, shoptildrop said:

I think what killed it was featuring in best kept secrets article in the Somerset live :(

Ah, didn't know that happened. But given that Somerset Live obviously source 90% of their material from here, it's not a surprise that they'd do that.

Really should have been more discretion regarding it.

2 hours ago, phillyfaddle said:

Where was the Hare Krishna tent? Gone from Leftfield area. Normally pay a visit for a bit of chanting and free food.

it's been between Silver Hayes and the Saxon Market for the last couple when they opened up the new path there.