Ms. Lauryn Hill's Bad Hat

CaledonianGonzo

Thought she was ace myself but the constant demands for her mic/speaker to be turned up was very noticeable and very distracting. She’s a hell of a performer but clearly after all these years she’s still a bit of a control freak when it comes to her live sets. Also 15 minutes late and no Ready or Not so... mostly good but lacking set overall.

Last three songs were spot on. Sound was awful for the majority but she didn't cover herself in glory either. It all came together at the end so I'd say it was decent overall, but well short of potential, unfortunately.

55 minutes ago, Stokesy10 said:

Sheryl Crow on the other hand, was exceptional.

Yes, totally agree. Sheryl was fantastic and although Lauryn was never going to go around being in selfies and the like, I felt like the DJ intro essentially billing her as better than everyone else was misjudged at best, and when she came out and demonstrated that she wasn’t, the set was doomed.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Stokesy10 said:

Jesus she was Fucking shite. Never in 5 Glasto's have I walked off during an act I'd intended to see.

Sheryl Crow on the other hand, was exceptional.

I felt Sheryl pre-loaded on the hits, all the big material up front and little in reserve. Wandered off before the end.

8 hours ago, kalifire said:

Yes, totally agree. Sheryl was fantastic and although Lauryn was never going to go around being in selfies and the like, I felt like the DJ intro essentially billing her as better than everyone else was misjudged at best, and when she came out and demonstrated that she wasn’t, the set was doomed.

The DJ speaking about her at the beginning was self indulgent bollox followed up by a shocking live performance. Shame, was looking forward to it.

On 6/29/2019 at 12:27 PM, Ddiamondd said:

She definitely had more Fugees material to come, could tell they got pulled for running over. Usually ends with Ready Or Not. Shame.

again, she didn't bother doing it at her own gig in Ireland during the week where she was finished long before the curfew. same in Oxford. seems like she just can't be bothered half the time.

• 2 months later...
38 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Sounds like the opposite of what happened in Glasgow a few weeks back.

Ach well. Not the highlight of the weekend, but no regrets other than missing Rosalia.

Yeah but the likelihood of Rosalia returning meant that it was a 'what if.?' choice...