Phew!!

Ommadawn

17 minutes ago, Ommadawn said:

Just come home for a nice cold shower ready to return later this evening.

What madness is this?!

edit: oh, I just saw you’re close to the site. Must be luxury to duck out for a quick shower. I’m already salivating over Monday’s. 

Edited by kalifire

2 hours ago, kalifire said:

What madness is this?!

edit: oh, I just saw you’re close to the site. Must be luxury to duck out for a quick shower. I’m already salivating over Monday’s. 

I didn't used to go home but now I'm older it's good to sleep off site (and it frees up a camping spot)

I’ve been necking Dioralytes and electrolyte tablets at least twice a day to keep on top of this heat. Most of the people I’m with are REALLY suffering in some way but I’ve so far managed to avoid any real aliments. Hope everybody stays safe! Drink a fuckload of water guys.

4 hours ago, TheNewUnion said:

In 2010 I found soaking a bandana in water and fastening loosely around my neck had a lovely cooling effect. Something to do with evaporation. 

I read that as banana. Need to go to bed obviously.

As  I'm writing this I have my window open and can clearly here the festival in full swing. Wonderful.

11 hours ago, wbwarn94 said:

Were you there in 2017 on the Wednesday? From memory it was about 34 and very little wind. I wasn’t lucky this year so cannot compare, however surely it isn’t that hot?! 

I keep thinking this too - surely not hotter than Wednesday 2017? I was so happy when the sun went down that night - the heat in the queue was insane. 

7 hours ago, Ommadawn said:

I read that as banana. Need to go to bed obviously.

As  I'm writing this I have my window open and can clearly here the festival in full swing. Wonderful.

It did initially say banana but I realised and edited. Not sure a damp banana would elicit the same cooling effect ?

18 hours ago, wbwarn94 said:

Were you there in 2017 on the Wednesday? From memory it was about 34 and very little wind. I wasn’t lucky this year so cannot compare, however surely it isn’t that hot?! 

That day was insane!! Stuck in queue for 5 1/2 hours and then had to put tent up, it took hours for us to cool down as got heat stroke :(

There was a mass cheer round site when the sun went behind 1 tiny cloud :lol:

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, dondo said:

How would folk say this compared with 2010?  I wasn't there in 2017 so don't have that ad a comparison but I seem to think 2010 was a lot hotter and not much breeze

2010 was horrible during the day. I’m glad I’m not there today, this evening I’ll be upset again!