Water Aid Kiosk and refill points

Jimmyjam1

Just wondering what the difference is between the water aid kiosk refill points and the general on site water refill points? The only difference I can tell is that someone fills up your water bottle for you other than self filling it your self from one of the hundreds of self service water points? unless the water aid kiosk points are using a different much better water quality supply than the whole of the festival which I highly doubt? I just don't understand why people que up when you can get the same water quicker if you fill up yourself? 

3 hours ago, eFestivals said:

Yeah, the water is all the same. 

Excellent free water provision just about anywhere on site. 

Missing tap at Rivermead/Pylon is a pain though.

i initially thought the manned cabins were silly then remembered how much water was wasted by people using the taps to clean their wellies 

So... saw some reports saying this was bad etc.

People queueing up for Wateraid points, with the old style water taps right next to it with a queue of just 3 people or so. Bonkers. If you were gasping there was always a less busy point a couple of minutes walk away.

Overall I thought it worked great, but definitely we filled up whenever we walked past a free point. 

8 minutes ago, The Nal said:

Loads of wateraid points, loads of taps, all the bars filled up water bottles for you, could still buy cans of water, way less plastic about, a total success. 

This. Said it in another thread I think..... drunk more water in 5 days than I would usually drink in a month, almost never queued, and when I did, it was never more than a minute. When I see some comments disputing this, or complaining, it makes me think I was at a different festival. Complete, and total success. And no, I don’t think more water points are needed. There’s plenty enough.

It was a complete success, loads less plastic and most people probably saved a lot of money as well. Win win.

Never a water point more than a few hundred metres away, so anybody queueing for ages only have themselves to blame.

On Saturday we were walking out of The Park towards Glasto On Sea and the queue for water went back to the ribbon tower! Must have been over a hundred people there. We walked a minute and breezed straight up to a tap. 

On ‎6‎/‎28‎/‎2019 at 2:09 PM, Jimmyjam1 said:

Just wondering what the difference is between the water aid kiosk refill points and the general on site water refill points? The only difference I can tell is that someone fills up your water bottle for you other than self filling it your self from one of the hundreds of self service water points? unless the water aid kiosk points are using a different much better water quality supply than the whole of the festival which I highly doubt? I just don't understand why people que up when you can get the same water quicker if you fill up yourself? 

I never queued at the Wateraid points because they all had a tap attached to the front of them just under the window.

Didn't really understand why people were queuing and no one was using those taps!

Water provision on the west campsites was quite poor. There was a point marked on the map near Rivermead that was missing a tap, and they weren’t enough to handle that many people topping up in the morning (plus idiots washing their hair) - could have done with those six point dispensers they had in a few places to stop that and increase capacity.

Kiosks were fine, I never saw any of the reported long queues either, when I did queue it was only for a few minutes. For me the kiosks were better than the normal standpipes, because you didn't get people brushing their teeth washing their feet / hair / boots and letting water splash everywhere creating a muddy mess and wasting water all over the spot.

Worked perfectly well and the reduction in plastic was seriously noticeable.

On 6/28/2019 at 2:09 PM, Jimmyjam1 said:

Water was all the same - think the main purpose of the water points was to dole out the stainless steel cups / re-usable water flasks. Probably also ensured they got plenty of donations as I dropped some cash in the box more than once when topping up!

People always have something to moan about.

Loads of water points. Sometimes I had to queue a bit sometimes I didn’t. I needed water so I did what was needed. It’s a working farm that transforms itself the best it can to throw a cracking party yet a few people just don’t get it. Heard two women lay into a steward cos the showers were off. Bang out of order.

1 minute ago, ManchesterGlasto said:

People always have something to moan about.

Loads of water points. Sometimes I had to queue a bit sometimes I didn’t. I needed water so I did what was needed. It’s a working farm that transforms itself the best it can to throw a cracking party yet a few people just don’t get it. Heard two women lay into a steward cos the showers were off. Bang out of order.

Yeah  mates were in Love Fields and their showers were killed. They didn't give a shit, but some people were properly pissy about it. I've paid to have a shower, if that means the paupers dehydrate then so be it!!

Just now, Quark said:

Yeah  mates were in Love Fields and their showers were killed. They didn't give a shit, but some people were properly pissy about it. I've paid to have a shower, if that means the paupers dehydrate then so be it!!

Honestly it beggars belief. Some people are just too self involved. 

Sure it can feel a bit minging not showering but plenty of people round the world don’t own a shower. I just suck it up and get on with it. I’d rather stay hydrated than clean anyway.

6 minutes ago, ManchesterGlasto said:

Honestly it beggars belief. Some people are just too self involved. 

Sure it can feel a bit minging not showering but plenty of people round the world don’t own a shower. I just suck it up and get on with it. I’d rather stay hydrated than clean anyway.

Damn straight. I managed to have a decent scrub at my tent in the morning with a flannel, a bar of soap and one flask of water! Although I dont have any hair, which i accept makes it easier :lol:

It worked well for the most part but I have to say up by gate A in the morning the queues were very long in the heat & sometimes the kiosks were not open so this obviously took alot longer. Due to the weather I would say they could have added a few more water points or at least make it more obvious where the taps were. Unless I missed a water point somewhere near gate A that is. This was my only gripe with the festival though.