The Crowds 2019

kalifire

1 minute ago, DDave said:

And yet she can't sell out Castlefield Bowl. Must be the 70 quid+ price that's putting punters off. 

Sure today's performance might help her shift some future concert tickets and have a knock on effect. To be honest I didn't realise she was touring as much lately as she has been.

Just now, robillustrates said:

Sure today's performance might help her shift some future concert tickets and have a knock on effect. To be honest I didn't realise she was touring as much lately as she has been.

You're right re: the probable jump in sales. Tbf, the Castlefield Bowl gig hasn't been advertised much and tickets have been on sale for months. 

13 minutes ago, DDave said:

And yet she can't sell out Castlefield Bowl. Must be the 70 quid+ price that's putting punters off. 

I think it's more about the vibe.. I wouldn't pay a penny to see her , which is not to say she is rubbish just not my thing...but after a really hard GF and coming to the end then she is just what was needed .

A big dance  and singalong ..

13 minutes ago, MEGATRONICMEATWAGON said:

How the Guardian gave her a 4/5 I'll never know. On that basis, Kylie should get a 10/5

They gave The Killers 5/5, so they're either easily pleased or they're being paid off the PR teams. 

9 minutes ago, babyblade41 said:

I think it's more about the vibe.. I wouldn't pay a penny to see her , which is not to say she is rubbish just not my thing...but after a really hard GF and coming to the end then she is just what was needed .

A big dance  and singalong ..

aye, plus the lack of competition during the daytime.

Just now, ghostdancer1 said:

aye, plus the lack of competition during the daytime.

yes I suppose, but that's subjective...  If I was there  (big miserable face as I'm not) and knowing what a blast I had in 2017 at the legend slot I would definitely have been there .It's a feel good thing after all the excess of the previous few days .

Good wholesome entertainment for all as you can tell by the crowds .. They got it right  and bang on 

5 minutes ago, Chinaski_ said:

Even at Kylie it didn't seem that loud despite the massive crowd. 

I've got absolutely nothing to back this up other than comparing this years coverage to previous years, but i think they've changed the way they mix the sound for tv. I've noticed that the sound quality/mixing of most of these live sets is much better than it has been in the past, where bands would always sound thin and tinny (e.g. rolling stones sounded awful in tv but it sounded great in the field).

I wonder if a side effect of that is they have less sound from the crowd mics going in. The crowd visually have looked really into it, but this hasn't really come across too loudly audibly i agree (even the killers crowd didnt sound that loud on tv, but you could tell it was deafening from crowd footage ive seen).

49 minutes ago, robillustrates said:

Unless it's just me they seem to be using select camera angles to avoid showing it possibly being quite sparse at the back of the field or is that just me.

I'm at the back.  Its pretty sparse.  Think Mumford and Sons style.  Lots of people wandering off....

JP busy when we left Streets but not exceptionally so. The usual issue at the Pyramid - crammed on the pathways at the top but if you can get through the initial bit there is a lot of room. The Cure sound great tho. 

Edited by moho79