The Crowds 2019

kalifire

Today and tomorrow you will have people standing around the Pyramid, by Sunday, people just bring a chair or blanket and collapse there for the day, always much harder to walk around the Pyramid Sunday especially with a Sunday legend and people warming up to go home some right after the Cure finish.

Hubby and I remarked it seems busier to us, main stages v busy for early acts, was packed for Bastille on the pyramid and we noticed the tents have been pushed back from the track at the top to allow extra viewing space. 

Fairly chilled at West holts just now though. 

It’s been really busy as it has the last few years but I think it’s because they have upped the numbers of staff, traders, performers, volunteers etc. Having said that if you really want to see something you have get there super early- we just had front row barrier spots at Frank Turner at Avalon ( which was rammed) by going in at end of Morcheeba, and staying through The Magic  numbers ! Frank was great as usual though I am sorry I missed Stormzy as i heard it was great. 

3 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

Other thing I observed to Mrs Jass as we were sat up in the Park last night... I haven’t heard a single hiss of a nitrous canister so far.

Again agreed. Maybe it’s not fashionable any more?

Or the kids have started taking proper drugs?

7 hours ago, Hugh Jass said:

Other thing I observed to Mrs Jass as we were sat up in the Park last night... I haven’t heard a single hiss of a nitrous canister so far.

I've been working recycling centre and there are still a fair few coming through. 

Watching on telly it seemed like there weren't any massive crowds and the atmosphere was a lot quieter than usual. I know it always looks worse on tv, but the crowds just look flat to me. 

9 minutes ago, Chinaski_ said:

Watching on telly it seemed like there weren't any massive crowds and the atmosphere was a lot quieter than usual. I know it always looks worse on tv, but the crowds just look flat to me. 

Can't help but feel like people were pacing themselves with the weather so they could go big in the evening.