INmusic Festival 2020

gregory

2 hours ago, alan_ts said:

I heard about the earthquake this morning in Zagreb. 

Locals are you safe?

My neighbourhood was pretty much untouched. It woke me up and by the time I’d come to my senses worked out what was going on and shit in my bed it was all over. None of the houses seemed damaged.

Different story with some of the older buildings which didn’t fare so well. I think only one kid was seriously hurt, luckily it was very early so though a lot of shit came off the roofs of the buildings along ilica there wasn’t many people out and about.

Im currently fitting nets to all our windows so I am ready when the plague of locusts arrives.

In the light of news that Primavera will be postponed, do you think there is any chance INmusic will do the same or it is going to be canceled? 

The Killers, Deftones and Lumineers are all touring in USA from mid-august on, (Nick Mason canceled tour already) so it is hard to imagine what would lineup be then? That alone makes it less possible.  

On 3/28/2020 at 2:32 PM, activean said:

In the light of news that Primavera will be postponed, do you think there is any chance INmusic will do the same or it is going to be canceled? 

The Killers, Deftones and Lumineers are all touring in USA from mid-august on, (Nick Mason canceled tour already) so it is hard to imagine what would lineup be then? That alone makes it less possible.  

I doubt it. Zagreb’s empty in the summer months as everyone heads to the coast. I reckon it happens in June or it’s cancelled. 

• 2 weeks later...

Tnx for the info.
They don't have money for refund and they aren't the only one (makes sense if tickets are basically only income) Metaldays as well silently announced that they are not going to do refund. 

15th edition will be postponed to 2021, i don't see any other realistic option (or bankruptcy..).

Just read that article. from the tone of it, no InMusic this year, they will simply cancel and do it in June 2021. No refunds, and this years ticket will be valid for next years editions.

Expect some bad press and comments from fans about it, but it will go on for a month or two, and then people will forget.

Hm, this is the first time i read that the festival will close for good. Thats strange, does that mean they will cancel this edition, not return money to anyone, and not do the next edition ? hm, they will get rich out of this situation then :) 

1 hour ago, Andrej said:

Hm, this is the first time i read that the festival will close for good. Thats strange, does that mean they will cancel this edition, not return money to anyone, and not do the next edition ? hm, they will get rich out of this situation then :) 

I think its more complex than that.

They probably dont have money to refund, Maybe because of insurance or loans.

I dont think anybody will get rich in this situation and sadly it will be one of the cancelled festivals for good. 

Edited by lukatej
  • Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...

Yes, i think their press release even said something like that, that will be the end of the festival if it falls out this year and they cant deliver a good line up, something like that.

This is the best case scenario for sure for them, if the have The Killers, they should be okey.

Statement:

On April 23rd 2020, the Croatian government has announced updates to the national epidemiological measures and limitations introduced in March to fight the spread of the coronavirus epidemic in Croatia, which include the expected and necessary continuation of bans for large public gatherings and events. In line with similar decisions and bans on public gatherings well into the summer months announced over the past weeks by many European governments, the expected postponement of INmusic festival #15 for June 2021 has now become official. Although we were expecting this decision, it is with a heavy heart that we accept the reality of not being able to attend live concerts and festivals this summer, but we are working hard on delivering the anniversary edition of INmusic festival to you all in 2021. 

𝗜𝗡𝗺𝘂𝘀𝗶𝗰 𝗳𝗲𝘀𝘁𝗶𝘃𝗮𝗹 #𝟭𝟱 𝘄𝗶𝗹𝗹 𝘁𝗮𝗸𝗲 𝗽𝗹𝗮𝗰𝗲 𝗳𝗿𝗼𝗺 𝗝𝘂𝗻𝗲 𝟮𝟭𝘀𝘁 𝘁𝗼 𝗝𝘂𝗻𝗲 𝟮𝟯𝗿𝗱 𝟮𝟬𝟮𝟭, 𝗮𝗻𝗱 𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝗳𝗲𝘀𝘁𝗶𝘃𝗮𝗹 𝗰𝗮𝗺𝗽𝘀𝗶𝘁𝗲 𝘄𝗶𝗹𝗹 𝘄𝗲𝗹𝗰𝗼𝗺𝗲 𝗜𝗡𝗺𝘂𝘀𝗶𝗰 𝗳𝗲𝘀𝘁𝗶𝘃𝗮𝗹 #𝟭𝟱 𝘃𝗶𝘀𝗶𝘁𝗼𝗿𝘀 𝗳𝗿𝗼𝗺 𝗝𝘂𝗻𝗲 𝟭𝟴𝘁𝗵 𝘁𝗼 𝗝𝘂𝗻𝗲 𝟮𝟱𝘁𝗵, 𝟮𝟬𝟮𝟭. 𝗧𝗶𝗰𝗸𝗲𝘁𝘀 𝗽𝘂𝗿𝗰𝗵𝗮𝘀𝗲𝗱 𝗳𝗼𝗿 𝗜𝗡𝗺𝘂𝘀𝗶𝗰 𝗳𝗲𝘀𝘁𝗶𝘃𝗮𝗹 #𝟭𝟱, 𝗮𝘀 𝘄𝗲𝗹𝗹 𝗮𝘀 𝘁𝗶𝗰𝗸𝗲𝘁𝘀 𝗳𝗼𝗿 𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝗜𝗡𝗺𝘂𝘀𝗶𝗰 𝗳𝗲𝘀𝘁𝗶𝘃𝗮𝗹 #𝟭𝟱 𝗰𝗮𝗺𝗽𝘀𝗶𝘁𝗲, 𝗿𝗲𝗺𝗮𝗶𝗻 𝘃𝗮𝗹𝗶𝗱 𝗳𝗼𝗿 𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝗻𝗲𝘄 𝗲𝘃𝗲𝗻𝘁 𝗱𝗮𝘁𝗲𝘀 𝗶𝗻 𝟮𝟬𝟮𝟭. 

The festival's organization team is in close contact with the announced and not-yet-announced artists who have all expressed their wish and intent to execute their performances in the new dates of the postponed INmusic festival #15 edition. Seeing as all planned international tours need to be rescheduled which is a complex process that requires international coordination, artists and the festival's organization team kindly ask for your patience and understanding until this process is finalized. 

We would like to thank each and every one of you for your support, kind words, understanding and patience – you were the reason we made it this far, you remain the reason to push through this as well. 💙

💙 Stay safe, take care of the people around you and keep your spirits up – this too shall pass!

See you in 2021!

No refund makes sense, independent festivals don't have money to refund. That graphic design itself shows how broke they are 🙃

If Killers and Beck info is true, that is pretty much the best scenario in a given situation, statement kind of confirm lineup will be similar, which is great.  

Inmusic audience is not the most loyal one, so many criticism going on .. I'm folowing MetalDays that was posponed with the same lineup  and their visitors are trying to start crowdfunding to support festival, i guess metalheads are truly unique people :)