INmusic Festival 2020

gregory

14 minutes ago, everest said:

Deftones and Faith No More have a pretty similar tour around INmusic. Both are playing Graspop on June 21th (Faith No More not yet announced) and from 26th June they are in Finland/Norway. 

Not typical INmusic style but Deftones + Faith No More would be great

yes please, that + Supergrass might be enough  for me to visit Croatia for the first time

hah, we didn't expect Deftones to be announced, INmusic always surprises us but in a different ways, i hope this will boost the sales and encourage than to book more strong names.

What this announcement makes me wonder is the style they are going to? Will they follow similar festivals that are opening to more pop/hip hop artist or are they turning to hard rock to be a festival like as Nova Rock or Rock am ring for example. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, activean said:

hah, we didn't expect Deftones to be announced, INmusic always surprises us but in a different ways, i hope this will boost the sales and encourage than to book more strong names.

What this announcement makes me wonder is the style they are going to? Will they follow similar festivals that are opening to more pop/hip hop artist or are they turning to hard rock to be a festival like as Nova Rock or Rock am ring for example. 

Honestly I think it’s more luck than judgement. I reckon they just book whatever is around, willing and they can afford. Maybe I’m not giving them enough credit but the way this festival is managed looks pretty random.

I dont think they are headliners, great name - but not sure they can carry the day themselves. They played in Zagreb once, been to that show, some 13-14 years ago..around 1,000 people at that show if i remember right.

As for booking strategy, dont think they have one, and one cant blame them. Its hard to have a strategy being a small fest in Croatia midweek. They take what they can get. I mean, this fest had headliners like Billy Idol, Cypress Hill, Moby, so it all over the place, depending on what is available at the moment and what they can afford.

57 minutes ago, Andrej said:

Not sure why no one suspects Green Day ? Is that too expensive for InMusic ?

Green Day are in Vienna June 21st, and then a solid 3 day gap.

It's possible I guess yeah. INmusic would let them play for 2+ hours if they want too, not every festival would. 

1 hour ago, gregory said:

It's possible I guess yeah. INmusic would let them play for 2+ hours if they want too, not every festival would. 

Zero chance of GD afaik. They need to get to Scotland during this gap, incl. the production, etc.

And it doesn't make sense to hold this date back, it's almost 3 months after tour announcement.

18 hours ago, Steve. said:

How about Bush as a prediction. In Switzerland on the 19th...typical inmusic band in that they were once biggish and probably relatively cheap now...

I'll take that!

do you think there will be more name(s) before end of the year? any chance for Guns N' Roses? gap on tour dates from 21 to 27 in June.. beside Faith No More and Supergrass which really important for me I hope for Paul Weller, Seasick Steve and London Grammar

Edited by amfest12

Just now, amfest12 said:

I'll take that!

any chance for Guns N' Roses? gap on tour dates from 21 to 27 in June

beside Faith No More and Supergrass which really important for me I hope for Paul Weller, Seasick Steve and London Grammar

They have no money ... each year the same story, wishing big bands like gd, guns, muse. But these are all bands who costs more than 1 million euros (and a lot more). And asking a lot of logistics and production. 
these things can inmusic not offer

• Upvote 2

Just now, Ken19 said:

They have no money ... each year the same story, wishing big bands like gd, guns, muse. But these are all bands who costs more than 1 million euros (and a lot more). And asking a lot of logistics and production. 
these things can inmusic not offer

I never been there but aren't Nick Cave, QOTSA or The Cure also expensive acts? 

4 minutes ago, amfest12 said:

I never been there but aren't Nick Cave, QOTSA or The Cure also expensive acts? 

Not at that level at all. Maybe The Cure can ask for such money but they were obviously giving big discounts this year as they wanted to play new places like Croatia, Serbia or Greece