INmusic Festival 2020

gregory

I think first headliner announcement and first few names are very important beacuse tickets income represents big part of festival budget (most of it) and if tickets are selling well that gives them courage to spend some extra money on bands (like in 2017 they added KOL and sold out the festival later), otherwise  they will try to cut down expenses in every way, like this year. 

Reality of a independent festival without big owner or general sponsor. 

• Upvote 1

18 minutes ago, activean said:

I think first headliner announcement and first few names are very important beacuse tickets income represents big part of festival budget (most of it) and if tickets are selling well that gives them courage to spend some extra money on bands (like in 2017 they added KOL and sold out the festival later), otherwise  they will try to cut down expenses in every way, like this year. 

Reality of a independent festival without big owner or general sponsor. 

Agree with this. 

I’ll go for Raconteurs/ Wolf Alice/ Biffy, Morrissey, and a female headliner (Lorde/ Bjork/ Christine ATC)

Edited by gregory
  • Upvote 1

Any local rumors whats going on with INmusic 2020? 
Still no FB event, no news, web-page not updated, not a single statement after 14# edition etc.

The only change is that tickets are now available in web shop:

Three day festival tickets for INmusic #15 are available at the official INmusic festival webshop for the price of 47 EUR (+ transaction fees). 

On 7/2/2019 at 5:53 PM, activean said:

Any local rumors whats going on with INmusic 2020? 
Still no FB event, no news, web-page not updated, not a single statement after 14# edition etc.

The only change is that tickets are now available in web shop:

https://www.facebook.com/events/2158809910883637/?ti=cl

• Upvote 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

First comment under picture: "When the first announcement will be?" A:  "When the bands approve;)" So we are not not even close i guess .. 

RHCP are way to big, i was kind of expecting The Black keys to be first headliner but yesterday someone acclaimed at Rock Wercher thread that they won't tour festivals in Europe next year:

update: The Black Keys will not play fests in Europe/ summer 2020:
The Black Keys are planning to make up their canceled arena tour. The deals are not done, but is a work in progress. Not the big arena’s. In Belgium Vorst for example.

Also barely any PR, no news on web-page, no wish-list this year.. i'm not really optimistic but i hope they can prove me wrong ?

EDITORS tour dates for 2020

08.02.2020 – Dom Sportova Zagreb, Zagreb, Croatia - on sale 09.09.2019
22.06.2020 – Stadtpark, Hamburg, Germany – on sale 06.09.2019
27.06.2020 – Zuiderpark, Den Haag, Netherlands – on sale 13.09.2019

Edited by gregory

So Editors are not option anymore ? Or they could be announced as third headliner in March? ?

Pixies are releasing new album next week, they fit INmusic standards.
As we figure it out last year, INmusic tends to book artist that perform there before so White Lies and Morcheeba were in Zagreb last year, Morcheeba (again) and Roisin Murphy in Rovinj, also Roisin is in Ljubljana end of this month .. 

Edited by activean
  • Upvote 1

Green Day and FOB announced as headliners for Rock for People Festival in Czech Republic a day before InMusic starts (Wezer also playing there).
Both festivals have similiar prices (€67 for RFP 3-day ticket), so could Green Day also headline InMusic? They have a gap in their schedule for 22nd-23rd.

Festivals started with announcements so I hope INmusic follows soon and break the silence. Almost a month from last PR message, they barely changed price graphics with more than two weeks delay :dontknow:

On 9/16/2019 at 2:30 PM, gregory said:

Changed my headliner prediction to 3 of the following: 1975, PJ Harvey, Supergrass, Weezer, Vampire Weekend. 

Supergrass is great shout, are they touring? I'm expecting someone strong from 80's or 90's to be there. 

PJ Harvey was headlining in 2016 but i remember that field was quite empty. 

Edited by activean

I would find NIN really a strange booking for InMusic. I guess they cost a lot, and in our region they are not a headliner material, anywhere near that. No one from mainstream rock audience is too familiar with them. I love the band, but would find this a big surprise. I mean, The Cure sold very poorly at InMusic, and they are at least 10 x bigger band here than NIN.

SOAD on the other hand are massive here, and would sellout InMusic alone, without problems.

The Black Keys are on a big downturn i believe, and are nowhere near popular as they were the last time they played InMusic. There was tons of hype around them back then, today nobody cares anymore.

• Upvote 1