Better days than today?

Reckoner

This is my 3rd after 16 and 17 so still a relative newbie to some  here  

Have there been any days better than this? 

Not a cloud in the sky, nice breeze and excitement building before the good stuff starts in a few hours. 

What have been the all time great days? 

• Upvote 1

B@##@%k$,  $#/t  &  f@%k f@%k f@%k to how glorious it may be. I'm wallowing in self pity here in my ticketless existence. Have some decorum and empathy please. Ooops, there is another thread for us miserable buggers. I shall head back there.  

Have a fantastically fantastic time all of you.  Enjoy all you see and do. Soak it all up on this glorious wonderful enchanted weekend. Big love and serious envy to you all. ?

• Upvote 1

17 minutes ago, Gregfc15 said:

Sorry. I appreciate this is not the thread for people who missed out.

i did step in the one puddle on site if that helps. 

Thank you. May i presume you had one soggy sock. Could I also demand that you kick the ass out of this weekend for and on behalf of all us ticketless people. Enjoy.?

Edited by mashedonmud
  • Upvote 1

I’m ticketless and have been listening to Worthy FM while working / checking the photo updates occasionally choking that I’m not there. Can well imagine today has been / continues to be incredible. I’m stoked for everyone there though - I’ve had the best days of my life there before (Wednesday / Thursday 2014 particularly springs to mind), and will have more of them in the future. Hope you guys party your faces of on behalf of all the absentees.

1 hour ago, incident said:

2010 was 5 solid days of approximately this weather. Best festival ever.

2010 was my 1st year it was glorious but did dip in energy on Saturday.... we were camped in Oxylers so just put the canopy up and watched from the tent for a few hours until Dead Weather were on, it was well needed rest/shade from the inferno!!!

Edited by shoptildrop

6 hours ago, Homer said:

Oh, I thought you meant Thursdays! Sunday of 09 sprung to mind immediately. Blazing sun and saw:

status quo

the mummers 

yeah, yeah, years 

madness

nick cave

blur!

That was the weekend I discovered Glastonbury. I obviously knew about the festival, but had never paid any attention to it. My granddad died on the Friday (same day we were waking up to find out MJ had died), the day I went to see The Killers in Hyde Park. On the Saturday, I stayed with some family whilst my parents sorted things out. So, I watched Kasabian play Fire on the TV and I was just rattled. I stayed up all watching sets from different bands until about 3am. After that, I watched on TV until 2013 when I eventually got a ticket, but unfortunately couldn't afford it in the end... But then I finally, 5 years after first seeing it on TV, got a ticket and came to the festival in 2014. In a lovely coincidence, Kasabian also headlined.

Now, I'm currently sat in my tent having a drink with my girlfriend (early, I know, but we both feel a bit rough and want to be up early for The Vaccines!), on my 4th festival and her second!

8 hours ago, Homer said:

Oh, I thought you meant Thursdays! Sunday of 09 sprung to mind immediately. Blazing sun and saw:

status quo

the mummers 

yeah, yeah, years 

madness

nick cave

blur!

I did

Yeah Yeah Yeahs

Madness

Roots Manuva

Blur! - ended up on the barrier.

Made one of my best festival decisions ever, I was lagging really hard, first Glastonbury, partied all weekend and had the best time but by the time Roots Manuva was on, I was practically dozing off on my feet from the middle of the crowd and knew I had to make a call. I decided to not only go and see Blur but had to go right to the front on the barrier and I made it, the second wind kicked in and had the best time, vaguely remember afterwards partying away up at the stone circle and seeing it through the sunrise. Was hooked on Glastonbury ever since.