The TV Watchers, The Beer Drinkers, The Unsatisfied Ones

Simpo

I don't know what it is, maybe it's having got through Wednesday and Thursday, maybe it's a feeling that comes and goes in stages, maybe it's the beers, maybe it's now feeling like it's before I first went to Glastonbury because lovely Mark Radcliffe is on the telly, but I'm not so bad at the moment.

Good to know the Wormhole is making enough of a racket that it's distracting BBC. Want reviews of that when people come back, it looks good, a proper indoor floored venue.

Enjoyed IDLES, Fontaines and Stormzy from my sofa, my family love watching Glastonbury and tomorrow we'll be enjoying it together which is helping numb the pain a little.

(Do they have to keep showing Tom Odell on the coverage though fucks sake)

Thank you to you all for this nice thread.

I sent a heart emoji to a good friend who is there, she sent some back. I resisted the urge to ask who she watched, how she's doing, any of that nonsense, because who's doing that at 1am on Friday night at Glastonbury. Anyway, for such an inconsequential thing, it affected me. I feel a bit more connected, to my friend, to the incredible time I know they'll be having. While being more aware how disconnected I am from where I wish to be.

I think that's what I miss the most from not being there, that feeling of connection with your friends, people in general, the festival itself. That's part of doing this, to feel connected to all of you, to spread my feelings out on display. I don't know. I don't know, I don't know.

I love my friends more dearly than I'm allowed to say aloud.

(UnWorthy FM)

11 minutes ago, Levitz said:

Gerry Cinnamon having a great time on the John Peel

Looks like the tent is packed. I'm still baffled at how big he is these days, I thought he would end up being pretty big in Scotland but struggle elsewhere but he must have sold the best part of 75,000 tickets in a week for his tour later this year. 

13 hours ago, Simpo said:

I sent a heart emoji to a good friend who is there, she sent some back. I resisted the urge to ask who she watched, how she's doing, any of that nonsense, because who's doing that at 1am on Friday night at Glastonbury. Anyway, for such an inconsequential thing, it affected me. I feel a bit more connected, to my friend, to the incredible time I know they'll be having. While being more aware how disconnected I am from where I wish to be.

I've got the exact reverse of this. My Dad (who goes in a seperate group to us) is working there this year and approximately once an hour he'll send a message detailing everything he's doing.

He's bad enough normally (the bands I saw / things I did were better than yours) but oh my is this amplified when I'm not even there...

Roll on October!!

Edited by Amii