The TV Watchers, The Beer Drinkers, The Unsatisfied Ones

Simpo

1 hour ago, Simpo said:

https://www.vice.com/en_uk/article/8xz7za/photos-glastonbury-festival-worthy-farm-6am-morning?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

Probably the quietest Glastonbury gets once the gates have opened. Some beautiful pictures.

Tom Odell has just started BBC's coverage. It's not for me.
Idles should be a good watch.

Something really nice about walking around the festival around that time post sunrise, granted then its a race against time to get any sleep before the tent gets too hot for it. 2017 was perfect you could stay up late and sleep in, temperature was perfect.

I'm finding it really hard missing out. Wednesday was utterfly awful with the knowledge of everyone else travelling to site, but Thursday and Friday have felt easier and I'm really looking forward to catching some of the coverage on TV.

I've transitioned to a state of fear about October. I'd been luck nine years straight and never once considered I'd miss out (I genuinely wondered if I had a magic IP address) but now I have, the fear is real!!

• Like 1

"Working" from home today so had coverage on from 1:30, Sheryl Crow was good and Lucas Nelson and Promise of the Real are absolutely fantastic. Cracked a beer at about 3pm.

Blimey, Lucas Nelson playing Rockin' in the Free World, I might cry ?

(Also, just realised I have my Neil Young & POTR Tshirt on, sadder face)

Edited by TheNewUnion
Udate

I was just looking at the Guardian live feed, and saw this

https://www.theguardian.com/music/live/2019/jun/28/friday-at-glastonbury-follow-all-the-action-live?page=with:block-5d162ab08f080e8285151565#block-5d162ab08f080e8285151565

I came to Glastonbury on Wednesday morning. The sun was beaming down on me. I woke up really early, and I said ‘I’m not having another night like that.’” He left the site, drove to a camping shop an hour and a half away, bought a foil blanket

DOES HE NOT REALIZE THAT THERE ARE NUMEROUS CAMPING SHOPS IN THE MARKETS!?

:unsure:

44 minutes ago, TheNewUnion said:

"Working" from home today so had coverage on from 1:30, Sheryl Crow was good and Lucas Nelson and Promise of the Real are absolutely fantastic. Cracked a beer at about 3pm.

Blimey, Lucas Nelson playing Rockin' in the Free World, I might cry ?

(Also, just realised I have my Neil Young & POTR Tshirt on, sadder face)

Doing this too, feeling miserable I'm not there though............might have a G&T

Edited by Levitz

First time I've missed one and not left the country.  I never realised how utterly everwhere the coverage and discussion of Glastonbury is.  If it's not a Glastonbury playlist it's a shout out to Glastonbury revelers, if it's not that it's interviews with stupidly excited people actually on site, it's feckin everywhere.

I'm currently sitting at work watching iplayer live coverage on my phone with efestivals site and clashfinder open in front of me.  I might as well go the whole way and stick needles in my testicles, arrrrrrrrrrrrgggggggghhhhhh!

Anyway not long till beer o'clock so there is that crumb of comfort.

Virtual group hug to all the beer drinking, live feed watching unsatisfied ones, I hope we're all successful come October.

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

First time in ten years missing the festival.. so glad it is nearly the weekend the last couple of days at work have been absolute torture. I tried every single avenue to get tickets this year but to no avail.. I’m praying there is success in October. Doesn’t bear thinking about not being there for three years in a row ?

anyway didn’t think I could bring myself to watch any of it but really looking forward to catching lauryn hill and stormzy 

i was going to try and get through the weekend without watching any of it, but been watching lots of bits while i could at work, just home now and will likely have it on the TV all weekend, i'm trying to think of the positives, i have a comfy bed, clean flushing toilet and can keep out of the sun, but id much rather be baking in the glastonbury sun right now

Probably won't get a chance to look on the forum much over the weekend.. So just wanted to say a quick thank you to all who have contributed in this group, the resale crew group and the one or two others for us 'non ticket' folk... 

Not gonna lie, this last couple of days has been genuinely miserable, but reading all of the comments in these groups from fellow sufferers has not only made me feel slightly less pathetic for being so affected by not being in a farm, but also changed my mindset on the festival happening without me down the road... I was all set to completely avoid all tv footage this weekend, I had planned to simply pretend it was not happening! But having reading messages from people in here I have decided that to do so would be cutting off my nose to spite my face.. Why not watch it from home and make the best out of a bad situation?! 

So rather than now heading home from work to sulk for the weekend, I am instead heading home to fire up the bbq, fill the fridge with lovely beer and set my TV up in the garden. If I can't get to Glastonbury then Glastonbury will just have to bloody well come to me!!

Merely accepting my situation and deciding to make the most of it has already taken a little of that sadness away, the hollow feeling in the pit of my stomach has already eased at a little and i have no doubt it will a little more as the weekend goes on. 

So to those reading this and thinking as I was that there best course of action is to ignore the festival this weekend, I am afraid Glastonbury is just too huge to ignore! It will find you one way or another and when it does it will hurt! So, why not just embrace it?! 

Is it is as good as being down on that farm we all know and love so much? No! Of course it f**king isn't! I have no doubt that most of us would happily sacrifice a body part to be there right now after all!!!! BUT, it is the best we can do for now and that will have to do. 

All that it is left to say now is that I sincerely wish you all the very best of luck for October! I genuinely hope we are all successful and if we are, perhaps we could meet up one afternoon at the festival in 2020, have a beer and have a bloody good laugh at just how desperately sad we all were 12 months ago! 

Enjoy your weekend fellow non-attendees and I will see you all next year!!!!!!!!!

• Like 2
  • Upvote 5

13 minutes ago, berylbigsis said:

I really wish I was there, but watching it on TV is definitely better than not being a part of it at all.

I'm not sure.... being one of the Unworthy Ones for the first time in fifteen years is odd.  I don't know whether to ignore it and think about other things, and other festivals to come, or watch and have pangs of angst about my failure on T Day.

Curious how Lauryn Hill is coming across. Granted I'm melting but idk, feels a bit meh. Might be better if you're home and not dying but it's the only disappointment of a stellar day imo! It's not bad by any means but I was expecting a real highlight of the weekend.

Edited by jparx

It became such a staple over the years, I had a friend ask me if I was enjoying it so far! It's even on the One show right now, fk fk fk. Can't escape it but I don't like the heat/sun blazing so tomorrow I will console till the sun drops :)

1 minute ago, jparx said:

Curious how Lauryn Hill is coming across. Granted I'm melting but idk, feels a bit meh. Might be better if you're home and not dying but it's the only disappointment of a stellar day imo! It's not bad by any means but I was expecting a real highlight of the weekend.

She sounds good, but her constant bossing of sound, backing singers, musicians, etc... doesn't promote a good vibe. 

On 6/27/2019 at 6:34 PM, Guy Incognito said:

Yeah this sucks. Is the first one I've missed since I first started going. Think I'm just going to do my best to avoid the coverage etc.

I have been going since 1986 - when you sent your cheque to Worthy Farm for your ticket , so l feel gutted to not be there for the second time (didnt get tickets in 2017 either) .Thing is Glastonbury isnt about the bands and beers for me , its the whole package , all the little weird and wonderful stages, shops ,dressing up , camping , dancing Arcadia ,Shangri La l cant recreate this at home.Last time we didnt get tickets we went to Barcelona and didnt have to hear about Glasto .  Tonight l sit here watching Glasto chat on "The One show" Its dire lts depressing ...... Im turning it off .