The TV Watchers, The Beer Drinkers, The Unsatisfied Ones

Simpo

Hello friends, this is a place for us ticketless, us wallowers, us UnWorthy to help each other through the next few days!

I will be sharing pics, vids and stuff I find around the internet, chatting about the BBC footage as it happens, and sharing songs that echo my feelings about not being there (UnWorthy FM!), deep into the night, with a healthy kick of wine as we go into the weekend, and I welcome you to do so as well.

It's all gonna be okay, or else. xxx

• Upvote 3

It's funny seeing from the outside, people broadcasting an occasional first impression, and it's brilliant and pure because it cuts through all that cynicism people have. But it's relentless, so many people doing their one tweet, one photo, some do a few more, and it's suddenly very easy to see why tickets were so much harder to get this time. Because it'll be harder next!

I see that Emily has joined her dad, who is doing a full set with a band this year, and it's a beautiful thing. But it isn't, because they are not singing to us.

Ah, had Flybe texting me to check in for my Cardiff flight scheduled for yesterday (to collect campervan)... Haddy let it go  heavy heartedly. Most of you have been many times, I've never been. But hopefully next year it happens. In October we trust. Will definitely be watching all weekend, as we always do, wishing, some year we'll get to experience it! Keep the heads up the thirst quenched this weekend. This Monday, we're all in the same boat! 

PS: sitting in the garden having a Carlsberg (don't think I've ever tasted it before tbh, had a mini music festival at home on Sat and the fridge is filled few a few bottles and cans of left over 'various') . It's not export but it's still 4.3% and tastes OK. I only mention it due to the thread about the beers and Carlsberg being a 'main' lager. Slan 

https://www.vice.com/en_uk/article/8xz7za/photos-glastonbury-festival-worthy-farm-6am-morning?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

Probably the quietest Glastonbury gets once the gates have opened. Some beautiful pictures.

Tom Odell has just started BBC's coverage. It's not for me.
Idles should be a good watch.

• Like 1

It's alright we are 50% of the way through now. 

We can enjoy the beautiful sunshine this weekend, catch some highlights in the evening and before we know it it will be Monday and it will all be about G20.... The big one! 

We all know this year is just a warm up for what's in store for us next year ;)

I just went on a run in an attempt to be healthy before I drink quite a bit for the next three days (WARM), I put Hot Chip on shuffle, and I swear it just played all their sad bangers. I don't know if that was the Glastonbury magic mocking me or putting her arm round me.

Goat Girl on now, perfect soothing sounds for those taking a refuge from the sun. I am very very glad that everyone is having a lovely time, but it should have been us. It will feel even sweeter in 2020, I'm going to make sure of it.

Thankfully I'll be spending tomorrow with friends in the same boat. Only knowing my luck everyone will want to watch The Killers or Chemical Brothers instead of Hot Chip. I've not got a ticket, and I still can't get away from the clashes.

(UnWorthyFM)

After 2 pretty miserable days I'm following it all on twitter and listening/watching via iPlayer and you know what ...I'm feeling alright.   Hope y'all (sorry listening to Sheryl Crow on pyramid) are getting through it OK.  Embrace and enjoy!

• Like 1