What are you all doing to cope with not going ??

babyblade41

2 hours ago, Blueberry said:

I’m sure someone will do. Loads of volunteering options out there. I know Oxfam offer a shift swap which might help. Or just tell your daughter her birthday is actually on the Tuesday: she’ll be too little to know!! Enjoy her party! 

Thanks mate. We are having a day at the beach on Saturday too so the weekend will soon pass by!

I hope you have a lovely weekend too!

Bought a ticket for Foals at Pryzm in Kingston ages ago, only £11 thought I wouldn't need  it as I'd be at the farm but went tonight. Excellent as always. Thought I'd be seeing  them twice in 2 weeks, Ally Pally and the 'secret' glasto set. Helped but missing them on the Park is shit. 

I've been listening to worthy FM, seeing loads of pics/videos on Instragram. 

It was tough when they showed the clip during the football yesterday! 

We're on the home straight now, the Wednesday and Thursday are always my favourite days and they are over and the weekend will soon pass by. 

19 hours ago, Nickyboy said:

Yes. I know many people go on their own, and I have contemplated it myself. But it is those shared moments with close friends that make it really special and unforgettable. Not the same otherwise.

19 hours ago, babyblade41 said:

I actually  prefer going on my own now... many moons ago it was a group thing but I always was the one fitting in with someone else.

Now I can wander where I want, stop when I want and inevitably talk to random strangers 

There’s definitely benefits to going alone and when I’ve been with others I still spend a fair bit of time on my own. I just found the mornings/early afternoon a bit lonely as people are generally hanging out with their own groups and less receptive to random chats. The whole place is also full of really happy memories of people I care about but who’ve all moved on and don’t go anymore which can also be quite difficult to deal with emotionally when alone. 

The sun is out, I've got the lumineers on the TV which I can see from the garden, and I'm drinking this. It's not too bad being at home (at the moment). I mean I swap a bollock to be there right now, but you know...... 

20190628_175255.jpg

serious FOMO still, the thought of missing a once in a ten year Glastonbury heatwave has got me proper down. 1st world problems and all that, but christ I'd give my left nut to be there right now. 

11 minutes ago, Gilgamesh69 said:

Flying out to Denmark tomorrow for Roskilde festival. It almost helps to ease the pain...

Also, watching Pale Waves; Heather is an odd looking one but I love it 

Roskilde is fab , if you have not been before and want some tips let me know 

So as I'm at home and have to be up at stupid o clock again.. enjoy the rest and I'll be checking in tomorrow ... it's been a bit surreal on the outside but still fun..and I have money in my purse, a clean loo and no sunstroke.

Same time tomorrow peeps xx