What are you all doing to cope with not going ??

babyblade41

Kylie looked amazing, huge crowd. Love that, everyone coming together for a dance, vibe. Basically what Glastonbury is all about. Tough to be on the sofa rather than in Pyramid field covered in face paint.

So I really wasn't going to come on here this year (that was my coping strategy I think). I also think I would have struggled in the heat these last couple of days. And whilst not deliberately avoiding it as such, I have tried not to pay too much attention to all things Glastonbury for the first year in, like, forever. But last night I sat and watched the Killers from the comfort of my own sofa, with a glass of cold cider in my hand. And I think I had almost convinced myself that this was better than actually being there. But by the time they brought out the Pet Shop Boys AND Johnny Marr, I was really, really missing being part of it all (and I'm not even really a Killers fan). There really is nothing that beats that Glastonbury magic. 

I have been so many times, by rights it really should be someone else's turn. But right now I feel quite gutted to have missed out.

• Like 1

Maybe it’s always like this and I’ve just never noticed but I feel like the festival has came across amazingly well on the TV coverage this year. I guess it’s a combination of the good weather, most of the big acts nailing it and some great sets from smaller acts (Lizzo, Idles etc). That probably doesn’t help us for October though...

Thanks for getting me through it guys and girls. Been emotional over past few days.. I was broken Wednesday and Thursday and only started to cope when the weekend came and had other things on. 

Think it doesn't help my Mum and Brother being therw for the first time without me and saying how I was missed. Haven't heard from. The bastards since Friday and it all kicked off haha. 

Well ladies and gents we are nearly all in the same boat although us unlucky sods won't suffer from Glasto blues ..always an upside in any situation

Who knows what October will bring , maybe we will be on the other side or maybe sat here again 

..but one thing  thank you for the company.. I tune in first thing and check in last thing before my bed time .. different music tastes , different everything but one thing we all have in common no matter what , the wish to be inside the fence next time 

Hope we are all luckier next year ... have fun and stay safe  whatever the future brings, the last few days have been a blast 

• Upvote 3

Have enjoyed watching the footage in over the weekend when I've been free. Felt pretty shite missing it this year, first one I've been unlucky for since I started going for 2014. Definitely enjoyed the conversation on here and it's good to read with others in the same boat!

Fingers crossed for everyone next year.

• Like 1

Agree. Thank you for getting me through this - the first time I've missed out on tickets...

Things that have helped:

- Husband surprising me with a Glastonbury garden party, complete with fire pit, astro turf, fairy lights and a pyramid stage (with his laptop streaming footage inside).

- Accepting that I will work it next year if it means going and looking into how to do that.

- Reading the forum!

- Drinking cold ciders and wine while watching the footage.

- Having a couple little sobs at some tv footage where I would have really loved to be there (lizzo, idles, kylie).

Heres to us all being lucky in October and being on the other side of that fence next year.

as others have said, Wednesday and Thursday were the hardest days, Thursday is always my favourite day at the festival, enjoy wandering around the parts of the festival you wont have time to see when the main stages start, but the BBC coverage is pretty good so still managed to see a lot of the acts i would have seen had i been there

Got to say a huge thanks to so many in here. Just reading others in the same boat over last few days has been comforting. It's been a hard week eh. It was to be my tenth year in a row this year and after failing for tickets in Oct. Then the resale I then managed to get a volunteer spot with Oxfam. I couldn't believe it but I had just spent 6 weeks off work with a broken wrist ?I then herniated a disc in my back as soon as i got the cast off haha so i had been off work 14 weeks. I had to make a huge decision to give up my Oxfam spot. I couldn't risk my job and my health but it was the hardest decision I felt i ever had to make.

Theres usually a group of about 20 of my pals go but this year only 4 managed to get tickets so it woulda been weird in a smaller group and having to volunteer but it would of still been Glastonbury. But It's nearly over now folks so tomorrow we all go back into the same boat. This year was just a warm up for next year anyway. 

15 minutes ago, Larraht said:

Agree. Thank you for getting me through this - the first time I've missed out on tickets...

Things that have helped:

- Husband surprising me with a Glastonbury garden party, complete with fire pit, astro turf, fairy lights and a pyramid stage (with his laptop streaming footage inside).

- Accepting that I will work it next year if it means going and looking into how to do that.

- Reading the forum!

- Drinking cold ciders and wine while watching the footage.

- Having a couple little sobs at some tv footage where I would have really loved to be there (lizzo, idles, kylie).

Heres to us all being lucky in October and being on the other side of that fence next year.

Garden party sounds amazing - he's a keeper!

Got weirdly emotionally for Kylie's set too, but when that legends slot works it's what Glastonbury is all about, people who wouldn't go to see Kylie, with hugely varied music tastes, all coming together to have a boogie in the sunshine. 

Have missed the Farm terribly but the coverage and comradeship has been good, as long as I don't have to do it next year!

• Upvote 1

Had a downer watching vampire weekend, saw them in 2010 when I was down the front. Snoop dogg Came down the front of the stage after his set bumping fists, just before. It was baking hot And the crowd was awesome. It all came flooding back. 

This group has kept me sane the last few days, so thanks all 

2 minutes ago, Levitz said:

Garden party sounds amazing - he's a keeper!

Got weirdly emotionally for Kylie's set too, but when that legends slot works it's what Glastonbury is all about, people who wouldn't go to see Kylie, with hugely varied music tastes, all coming together to have a boogie in the sunshine. 

Have missed the Farm terribly but the coverage and comradeship has been good, as long as I don't have to do it next year!

I think the essence of Glastonbury for me is when my group of friends all get a bit merry, have a dance and singalong to a good legends slot! Kylie would have been perfect.

Weds/Thurs were awful. And Friday. I had half a pill and danced around my flat to Jon Hopkins to bring a little bit of Glasto into my weekend. 

I’ve really enjoyed the coverage but not the same as being there at all (though I probably would have caught heatstroke this weekend). Fingers crossed tight for tickets for next year. Don’t think I can cope with not being there again!