What are you all doing to cope with not going ??

babyblade41

24 minutes ago, Gilgamesh69 said:

Some tips would be good, thanks. I'm going on my own , and this is the longest festival I've been to so I'm a little nervous 

Typing this whilst watching Interpol.

I went in 2006 and I really enjoyed it even tho I had my arm in plaster ! 

Really easy to get to , you can get a free train from Roskilde town 

Its based on an old quarry with a lake so if weather looks good take something you can swim in 

Everyone really friendly and so pleased and amazed anyone from Uk goes.

Lots go from uk 

Lots go from Sweden n Norway , Germany and its great to get the low down from them  cos they don’t all get on and like to bitch about each other 

Don't be put of by the Pea stalls , they love their bag of peas 

Main issue is make sure you camp ( ask the camp helpers ) in the non Scandinavian camp site which is furthest from the arena , but for good reason. On the last night Scandinavians going back to their Viking roots leave nothing for their enemy. Basically they trash their tents and their neighbours , but out of courtesy they don’t trash the non Skandi camp site . Walking back in early hours we thought we had come across Armageddon every tent had been trashed , we thought about what we would find when we got to ours but our camp area was untouched .

Also if you camp there you can go out the back way and walk to a little shopping area when there is a bakers and some shops - we we went a few times for danish cakes 

3 hours ago, ten2doc said:

but christ I'd give my left nut to be there right now. 

What you got against your left nut? Apart from your right nut, that is. I'm just wondering why you deem your left nut more disposable than your right nut? Then again, thinking about it, maybe you've already sacrificed your right nut. Have you? 

6 minutes ago, ivan said:

Typing this whilst watching Interpol.

I went in 2006 and I really enjoyed it even tho I had my arm in plaster ! 

Really easy to get to , you can get a free train from Roskilde town 

Its based on an old quarry with a lake so if weather looks good take something you can swim in 

Everyone really friendly and so pleased and amazed anyone from Uk goes.

Lots go from uk 

Lots go from Sweden n Norway , Germany and its great to get the low down from them  cos they don’t all get on and like to bitch about each other 

Don't be put of by the Pea stalls , they love their bag of peas 

Main issue is make sure you camp ( ask the camp helpers ) in the non Scandinavian camp site which is furthest from the arena , but for good reason. On the last night Scandinavians going back to their Viking roots leave nothing for their enemy. Basically they trash their tents and their neighbours , but out of courtesy they don’t trash the non Skandi camp site . Walking back in early hours we thought we had come across Armageddon every tent had been trashed , we thought about what we would find when we got to ours but our camp area was untouched .

Also if you camp there you can go out the back way and walk to a little shopping area when there is a bakers and some shops - we we went a few times for danish cakes 

Thanks. I'm going to be camping in the silent and clean area, although I think I might join those Skandi at the end, sounds pretty fun ahah.

What should I do on the warm-up days?

maybe I’m just being negative but I thought watching Glastonbury on TV would make me feel worse about missing out. However I don’t think the coverage really made me feel much fomo.

stormzy was a great moment for the festival and I enjoyed the set perfectly on TV but I didn’t feel like I needed to be there. Same for Tame Impala who are one of my favourite bands. I dunno just felt a bit stale from them tonight.

As a strong dance music fan I know the south east corner is the main thing which keeps me coming back to Glastonbury plus the incredible times I have with friends there. However, I feel the coverage of the festival today was pretty shit and didn’t make me feel that jealous at all.

Putting this in spoiler tags because some might take offence. I have fomo because I want to be with my mates but not really because I feel I’ve missed out on any lifechanging Glastonbury sets... [\spoiler]

watching the sets has actually helped.

Aside from Idles nothing really gave me much fomo.

Tame Impala were good but largely the same as Madrid last year where I was in the second row.

Stormzy was good at times but I did also lose interest at times.

Lauryn Hill was largely disapointing.

That and my camp not having tickets, despite the good weather which I also had in Madrid the lineup hasn't done enough to make me feel as bad about missing out.

I miss the site very much so and enjoy walking around it but that will just have to wait until 2020.

Tomorrow the three acts I'd really want to see all play at the same time as each other which is very unfortunate.

Sunday has some good acts dotted around but nothing I couldn't see elsewhere except maybe the Streets as they don't perform all that many gigs currently.

Edited by robillustrates

Just now, robillustrates said:

Foals and Chemical Brothers should both be excellent today I'd expect.

Foals is going be a tough one to watch from home, love them and been following them since before Antidotes was released. Think it's going to be special. Park Stage really smashing it for me this weekend so far. 

19 minutes ago, Levitz said:

Foals is going be a tough one to watch from home, love them and been following them since before Antidotes was released. Think it's going to be special. Park Stage really smashing it for me this weekend so far. 

Playing quite a few places in the UK over the rest of the summer if you have the chance to go see them on the plus side.

Watching women's world cup, watching glasto on iPlayer and going to put up a blind. Rock and roll. 

The consolation is that this is nowhere near as bad as missing Radiohead in 2017. And I'm really sensitive to the sun so my enjoyment would have been a lot less than usual. 

2 hours ago, robillustrates said:

Playing quite a few places in the UK over the rest of the summer if you have the chance to go see them on the plus side.

Haha, yep. Already seen them at Ally Pally and Kingston in the last week. 'secret set' on the Park is something different though.