What are you all doing to cope with not going ??

babyblade41

So when I didn't get a ticket was a bit philosophical about it all.  I suppose with age comes a sort of "oh well never mind" sort of attitude  but the past 48 hours has been pretty rubbish, especially yesterday seeing my youngest off with her crew 

My plan is to embrace it and amongst animal duties will have it on TV as much as possible .  I have another festival I have booked which  I am looking forward to but really sad not going this year 

I'm binge reading all the groups I was in last time and hearing all the exciting memories everyone is making, some great and a few having the odd issue.  I don't think anyone realises how vast it all is .  I go solo so that first time can be intimidating 

Are you going to watch it all or are you one of those avoid, avoid , avoid peeps ??

Definitely watch,  definitely jealous. But sometimes we gotta miss out. Otherwise people would never get to enjoy their first Glastonbury if us lot always had tickets. Our misfortune has given somebody immense happiness. That softens the blow for me. ?

• Upvote 5

22 minutes ago, mashedonmud said:

Definitely watch,  definitely jealous. But sometimes we gotta miss out. Otherwise people would never get to enjoy their first Glastonbury if us lot always had tickets. Our misfortune has given somebody immense happiness. That softens the blow for me. ?

What a lovely ,kind way of looking at it ... yes I find it easier to watch and reminisce , sing along on Sunday and hope the ticket gods shine on us in October 

Like OP I was quite Zen about it until this week. But seeing so many lucky a-holes in my life gearing up to go has given me massive FOMO.

But, best to embrace what you can like people are saying, I'm working from home tomorrow and going to have it on TV all day. From what I've read iPlayer has live feeds of all five main stages. So who knows I may even discover something I wouldn't have if I was wondering round the site.

I also take small solace that after Monday everyone is in the same boat and we can all look forward to hopefully some better luck in October.

FOMO was at all time high yesterday watching everyone in line ready to go in but today feel a lot better. Think it was just the initial blow since being lucky both 2016/17 I went.

Definitely will be watching. Planning to watch where I can Friday and Saturday during the day but out both nights so wont in to properly watch headliners. But Sunday will be a Glastonbury stacked day of BBC recordings, live feeds and then also packing for leaving for holiday to Vegas on Monday. Which is making me feel better knowing while they are all on a downer on Monday i'll be jetting off :) 

Then the stress begins for the countdown to October!

Yeah I'm going with embracing it. Recording a ton of highlights, listening to bands that are playing and even found a place near me that does raclette on a Sunday. Gutted not to be there but happy that I have experienced the joy that those there now will be feeling.

• Upvote 1

26 minutes ago, babyblade41 said:

What a lovely ,kind way of looking at it ... yes I find it easier to watch and reminisce , sing along on Sunday and hope the ticket gods shine on us in October 

I'm not all heart. Took myself off of WhatsApp group as don't need to hear to much info from chums. And I'd react with extreme abuse if anybody dares to moan whilst there. ?

Yeah, it's tough. 

The weather is certainly making it worse - but it is what it is. I'll be watching all the coverage and trying to embrace it as much as possible. 

I will do whatever it takes to get back there next year. 

A group of my friends and my brother are all first timers this year so I took great joy in explaining to them about all the hidden gems and where to go/what to see and avoid etc. Seeing them all so excited made me at peace with not going. And seeing all their photos etc has made me happy.

Booked tomorrow off work for a day at the beach and then BBQ with the coverage on iPlayer all day Saturday. I will be just fine. 

I'm planning to do what I did in 2013 before I started going, spend the full weekend watching the streams on the BBC website, even though I should probably be enjoying some rare sunny weather up here. I still need to turn off tweet notifications for the Glastonbury twitter account, not a big fan of being reminded about it every time my phone lights up. 

It’s nothing to do with the lineup though. I still stand by that this year is nothing special.

however some very close friends of mine are there. Some part of the crew that I’ve been going with since I started. Also some friends of mine going for the first time. I am actually gutted I am not there because Glastonbury as a place is so refreshing lol

10 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

It’s nothing to do with the lineup though. I still stand by that this year is nothing special.

however some very close friends of mine are there. Some part of the crew that I’ve been going with since I started. Also some friends of mine going for the first time. I am actually gutted I am not there because Glastonbury as a place is so refreshing lol

Same here, I think it's why when I wasn't lucky in the ticket sales it didn't feel so bad.....wrong.. It couldn't have been more worse if all my favourites were playing all weekend and not going 

Will watch a bit over the weekend I think. Hated yesterday. Off to a cider farm on Sunday to watch a band, will soften the blow slightly. Will watch The Cure as that was the one I was looking forward to most.

Hope everyone is having the best time though, weather looks wonderful!

Found it hard yesterday watching the place fill up on the webcam  :(

Plus my sister in law arrived with friends today (It's her 1st festival) so I'm sad I'm not there to show her round but her friends are regulars so she's in good hands...

I'm watching all the coverage and already bought cinders in... I'm just gonna pretend I'm glamping :)

It is genuinely depressing and heartbreaking not going.

Everywhere i look is reminders. Lucky bastards in backpacks on the train in London again this morning. Im looking out of my office window into brilliant sunshine thinking, rather than being here I could be waking up now at fucking Glastonbury ready to crack a beer and have the time of my life.

It may yet get the better of me and possibly tomorrow night will jump on a train and try to sneak in for at least the weekend.