Mixers...

Joeyjarmangtf

Possibly the most boring topic ever but...

Walked last a couple of ice cream vans currently selling cans at £2.50. Anyone remember what bottles of pop were last year? £/ml ratio seems a bit of a piss take at them prices. 

Reckon Co-Op etc will have any better deals on mixers baring in mind no bottles will be sold?!

3 minutes ago, Joeyjarmangtf said:

Walked last a couple of ice cream vans currently selling cans at £2.50. Anyone remember what bottles of pop were last year? £/ml ratio seems a bit of a piss take at them prices. 

Reckon Co-Op etc will have any better deals on mixers baring in mind no bottles will be sold?!

Yes, they've said their plastic is recyclable, so they will be selling mixers.

24 minutes ago, Joeyjarmangtf said:

£2.50 for a 330ml can is an absolute pisstake. Fair enough if they’ve somehow got 500ml ones. 

6 minutes ago, The Martini Police said:

This one's interesting. Most mixer brands bottles are 100% recyclable so if it's about that, it's odd they've been allowed to.

People were asking on the Glasto Co-op announcement post on Facebollocks and that's what Co-op replied.

1 minute ago, Homer said:

People were asking on the Glasto Co-op announcement post on Facebollocks and that's what Co-op replied.

Oh yeah I know, sorry if that wasn't clear. I just mean it's interesting that they can sell recyclable single-use plastic when it's banned for other traders. Can't see any difference between theirs and others unless maybe they can claim theirs to not only be recyclable but also made from recycled material. Could be that. 

3 minutes ago, The Martini Police said:

Oh yeah I know, sorry if that wasn't clear. I just mean it's interesting that they can sell recyclable single-use plastic when it's banned for other traders. Can't see any difference between theirs and others unless maybe they can claim theirs to not only be recyclable but also made from recycled material. Could be that. 

No worries mate, was just clarifying. The whole plastics thing does seem well intentioned but not 100% clarified. Hope it doesn't up going as badly as the 'we'll recycle your' tents' initiative!

Just been for a wonder, no plastic bottles in the co op but cans are £1.10 which is pretty reasonable. Also stocked to the rafters with litre bottles of orange juice/apple juice etc for £1.50. Ice cream vans to seem to be £2.50, most food stalls £2. 

Co Op cans of water for a quid. 

Hope this helps anyone!

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Joeyjarmangtf said:

Just been for a wonder, no plastic bottles in the co op but cans are £1.10 which is pretty reasonable. Also stocked to the rafters with litre bottles of orange juice/apple juice etc for £1.50. Ice cream vans to seem to be £2.50, most food stalls £2. 

Co Op cans of water for a quid. 

Hope this helps anyone!

Very useful. Thank you.

Vodka and orange is my festival drink since I was given it for breakfast at Bearded Theory.