Thursday Arrival Crew

Jackomanaco

17 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Checking in, but pretty chill about it.

Those dudes queuing outside the gates be like the squares who show up early at a party and have to sit around for the first couple of hours making small talk and nibbling on twiglets.

Yes, but they get to eat twiglets at Glastonbury, not any old party! They can be in the Bimble Inn! I should get there tomorrow lunchtime, can’t wait ? 

2 minutes ago, geoffboycott said:

Double edge'd sword this morning; both excited for and jealous of those going in today, but also relieved that we won't have to queue.

Exactly this. Would love to be heading off today but similarly glad to not be involved in those queues or the inevitable traffic later. Hoping the sound comes out today and sorts out any lingering mud as well.

1 minute ago, Jackomanaco said:

I'm a little nervous about where the remaining camping spots will be! I like to think a day off boozing today will help but I can see me making up for it tomorrow ? I'll be the one dancing like Bez at baggy Mondays 

We will all be doing that ?

1 minute ago, Jackomanaco said:

I'm a little nervous about where the remaining camping spots will be! I like to think a day off boozing today will help but I can see me making up for it tomorrow ? I'll be the one dancing like Bez at baggy Mondays 

Always plenty of room in the Western suburbs.

I’m a Thursday coach arrival. Usually arrive Wednesday afternoon/evening after the queues have died down. Gutted I won’t be doing that today but have to be thankful I’m one of the lucky ones with a ticket! 

This is traditionally the busiest time of year at work, so as I compromise I work Wednesday and head down that evening, stay in Bristol then head to G Thursday morning. 

Never had any issues arriving Thursday. Always had a good camping spot and you're fresh and ready to go when you arrive. 

Irritatingly I have a job interview at 3:30 today, which is the last thing I'll do at work before heading down. In equal parts shitting it and excited for Glastonbury. Playing havoc on my anxiety ?

Thursday by choice, for me its about compromise with the missus and me not wanting to be away from the kids too long. 

Out of interest where are most of you heading? We always head to Gate A and to pylon, rivermead as most campsites seem full by Thursday afternoon. Are there any other camping sites which aren't usually full by then?

First time going down on the Thursday  due to a last minute work issue which I’ve  gotta sort out tomorrow morning. Rest of the crew making their way down today. Although gutted, equally looking forward to a stress free drive down and an extra night in my bed.

Checking in.  Leaving from Brighton on See Coach.   Bit of a ticket mix up on T day but I have a ticket and that's what counts.  Sending a recon crew in today to pitch up and we always camp west etc so feeling casual about it....

Today will drag though for sure.

heading to Bton later today!