Thursday Arrival Crew

Jackomanaco

21 minutes ago, dingbat2 said:

Thursday by choice, for me its about compromise with the missus and me not wanting to be away from the kids too long. 

Out of interest where are most of you heading? We always head to Gate A and to pylon, rivermead as most campsites seem full by Thursday afternoon. Are there any other camping sites which aren't usually full by then?

Same as us. I'm always in much better shape come Sunday these days as a result of the wednesday night off. We normally camp fairly close to PGA. Getting a taxi to Shepton mallet from the airport, picking stuff up there and getting shuttle bus into festival. 

Being in work today is GRIM but focusing on getting to the airport lounge early tomorrow and getting caught up. 

45 minutes ago, jparx said:

Irritatingly I have a job interview at 3:30 today, which is the last thing I'll do at work before heading down. In equal parts shitting it and excited for Glastonbury. Playing havoc on my anxiety ?

Best wishes and good luck for the interview!

• Upvote 1

Made the decision to start going thursdays a couple of years back after inevitably hitting it too hard early and wasting a couple of Sunday’s by being completely hanging! 4 days/nights is perfect for me now and always got enough in the tank to see me through to the bitter end! 

13 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

Can’t pretend seeing pics and videos on Twitter aren’t giving me pangs.

just watched Michael opening the gates and I cant lie - very jealous. but ill be there tomorrow in the blazing sunshine with hopefully no queue - just one painfully slow day of work to get through!

• Upvote 1

Thursday coach not by choice, usually a Tues night / Weds morning car park kinda guy. But I’m pretty content with it this year, a day and 2 nights less harm to the body, arrive in fresh with no hassle, tent already up (hopefully), enjoying a few ice cold beers on the journey and straight out into the sun!

Bad news guys - apparently we've already missed the best of it! Michael Eavis has surely broken his previous record for declaring the current festival to be the best yet (from The S*n):

As he opened the gates, Glastonbury Festival co-creator Michael Eavis told those waiting: "It has never been better. It has never been as good as this one."

• Like 1

We'll be dumping our stuff in Pylon/Darble the second we get through PGA. Not at all fussed about where we camp, just someone relatively close (but not too close) to a toilet! Along the hedge that separates Darble and Pylon has been a winner before.

Edited by jparx

7 hours ago, ceetee said:

I turn up on Thursday by choice nowdays, no traffic, no stress, one less day drinking//camping. Wouldn't have it any other way.

Same, I’m even going steady Thursday night, keep my powder dry for the weekend. 

Made this decision after wasting the last few Sunday’s due to exhaustion & hangover-ness. 

10 minutes ago, JGP said:

Driving down tomorrow night so won't be there until 8pm tomorrow! Are you all aiming for west camp sites as they'll have space?

As others have said there is plenty of room in Darble & Pylon, but you can also head to the south-west. 

Bailey's and even South Park will have room at a squeeze but the best for Thursday arrivals is the green oasis that is Back House tucked between Baileys & Dairy. This one is only opened on Thursday morning and is hidden on all sides by hedges. No through traffic so guaranteed lush green grass.

Good shout on Pylon/Darble - that's our usual haunt, even for those in our group who go in first thing on Wednesday - makes for an easier exit on Monday too.  Me and a mate are in cyclist camping this year for the first time.

Edited by geoffboycott