The State Of The Queues

kalifire

4 minutes ago, Johnkhutch said:

Anyone know the quickest way to get from Gate A to CV East? I know it's a mission away but my CV mate has kept me a spot for my tent there so going to have to lump in!

Use what3words. It's a fairly long stroll though.   

Edited by jeffie

4 hours ago, shoptildrop said:

I'd personally get the car run out the way whilst it's cooler, as it's due to get warmer later and you might see some sunshine too. Once it's out the way you can then relax (but check you can come back through the re-entry queue, as last year you had to rejoin the mega queues until later in the afternoon rather than the re-entry queue)

Out and straight back in again. They filtered you off before the white tent before the pens for re-entry ?

4 hours ago, al_coholic said:

I would give it a couple of hours until the queues die down a bit. Gonna look a bit cheeky trying to sneak past everyone queuing. 

We went back out around 10ish. Very very little queues at all by that point at gate D. They must have been working like machines. The pens weren't being used by then and people we just ambling up from the car parks rather than it being a whole stop/start thing. 

16 minutes ago, adrianro said:

Fellow Coach Travelers can any of you confirm when you received your tickets for the coach, had the coach departed when distributed the entry tickets out?

We got our tickets from a see tickets rep just before the coach departed 

18 minutes ago, adrianro said:

Fellow Coach Travelers can any of you confirm when you received your tickets for the coach, had the coach departed when distributed the entry tickets out?

We have come by coach 4 times from 3 different places and the ticket distribution has been different each time!!  Once before boarding, all of the others were during the trip. We came from Bristol and the driver stopped in a random layby about half way down, and one of the people on the bus was going crazy because the driver wouldn't let him off to get in his mates car, which had followed us from Bristol. The punter got lots of tuts and boos from the other bus people.

20 minutes ago, adrianro said:

We got tickets handed to us before leaving the coach park in London - we’d all loaded our stuff underneath and got seated when they were given out.

Been in a couple of hours now so queue is a distant memory but it was very poor organisation.

we arrived just before 8 and were told gate D was rammed and were not allowed to join the queue. Sent to gate A where we were dripped through with coaches getting priority. We got in about 12.30 so at least 4 hrs queuing.

Found out people were walking through Gate D with minimal or no queues from 9.30.

Really poor organisation...but we’re in and camped where we wanted so moved on

Edited by Northtim

As a veteran of the Glastonbury experience (first festival in 1989 and attended most of them since), my advice for the past 5 years has been fuck going in on Wednesday day time. Of course, arriving early and getting on with the obligatory shenanigans as soon as possible is awesome. Being selective about where you camp is also a very compelling reason to arrive early. But now pretty much 190,000+ people go through the gates on Wednesday and there are a lot of people who simply don't like to wait. Impatience has become the norm and despite the fact that no matter how long it takes to get in, one still has 80 hours+ of madness to enjoy, people will get stressed, pissy, annoyed and generally shout like their life will end because the festival isn't granting access as quickly as one would like...

Remove this stress from your life. Organise yourself to arrive Wednesday after 9pm or even better, any time on Thursday when most of the gates have absolutely no queues at all.

To summarise - stop your crying, if you is there already enjoy the queue and the crazies around you and soon you will be in the best place in the world for the greatest party of you life. Or, do as the veterans do and rock up like a king on Thursday morning! 

PS I always found getting hammered drunk in the queue on someone elses vodka was a good way to make new friends and reduce the perceived waiting time!

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

50 minutes ago, buzzbox said:

As a veteran of the Glastonbury experience (first festival in 1989 and attended most of them since), my advice for the past 5 years has been fuck going in on Wednesday day time. Of course, arriving early and getting on with the obligatory shenanigans as soon as possible is awesome. Being selective about where you camp is also a very compelling reason to arrive early. But now pretty much 190,000+ people go through the gates on Wednesday and there are a lot of people who simply don't like to wait. Impatience has become the norm and despite the fact that no matter how long it takes to get in, one still has 80 hours+ of madness to enjoy, people will get stressed, pissy, annoyed and generally shout like their life will end because the festival isn't granting access as quickly as one would like...

Remove this stress from your life. Organise yourself to arrive Wednesday after 9pm or even better, any time on Thursday when most of the gates have absolutely no queues at all.

To summarise - stop your crying, if you is there already enjoy the queue and the crazies around you and soon you will be in the best place in the world for the greatest party of you life. Or, do as the veterans do and rock up like a king on Thursday morning! 

PS I always found getting hammered drunk in the queue on someone elses vodka was a good way to make new friends and reduce the perceived waiting time!

Word

Arrived in Pink 50 at 11am. Walked to gate D and was in Rivermead by 11.59am. Quickest entry yet and perfect start to festival. So sorry to hear of issues at gate A, something needs to be sorted in future to prevent a repeat of this situation. 

Emjiy the festival all, this is going to be a classic!!

18 minutes ago, broken monkey said:

Arrived in Pink 50 at 11am. Walked to gate D and was in Rivermead by 11.59am. Quickest entry yet and perfect start to festival. So sorry to hear of issues at gate A, something needs to be sorted in future to prevent a repeat of this situation. 

Emjiy the festival all, this is going to be a classic!!

How long was the walk from Pink 50 to the gate?

1 hour ago, buzzbox said:

Ditto this .. I'm getting on in years now and feel really sad for not getting lucky but some friends  have  said today whilst in the queue they will be going late Wednesday night early Thursday morning next time .  I arrived Thursday afternoon in 2017 and it was perfect 

I basically strolled in 

1 hour ago, buzzbox said:

Would anybody be kind enough to post a picture of the campsite stewards map showing what camping sites are available and maybe ask if they know what time Back house opens in the morning?

I would really appreciate it as for a group arriving crack of dawn tomorrow - Cheers :D

5 hours ago, buzzbox said:

Well said.  Stopped going on wednesday a long time ago.  Leaving home tomorrow aiming to arrive 3pm ish.  Will be at back of campervan field but will be easier to get out monday morning.