Sam Fender

sisco

1 hour ago, balti-pie said:

Absolutely spot on - i don't want football and music crossing over at all, its not a good combination. I had no idea Black Midi had any interest in football at all, and i didn't really need to, until the last couple of minutes of their set the singer shouted 'what do you think of Tottenham? Shit!' etc etc and that just made me think what a prick, i'm here to see you perform and you're coming up with tribalistic bollocks like that - why would you alienate a bit of your audience? 

I tweeted em about it asking why do that at a music festival that's nothing to do with football, and they were 'hilarious' in their reply, too. Maybe i'm naive in being a bit 'silo' in my thinking - football is football, music is music, lets keep em separate. I like that the summer comes and i don't have to be moronically wedded into it all for a couple of months. 

this part of what I always used to hate about Kasabian, and much prefer them with Serge now. 

23 hours ago, HyperTechnoHorse said:

Can't believe any of you are taking this football nonsense seriously. Especially with Black Midi, it was clearly a joke. Don't all be so precious. 

Working class lad likes football shock

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Supreme2 said:

Anyone know set times for Friday? Seeing it I can make 23:30 from kings cross back home

I live next to Finsbury Park and we got a letter through the door from the council which says music ends at 22.30. Nicki Minaj came to a total halt on sunday night at 9.30 despite being 40 mins late - curfew is a curfew!

4 minutes ago, MEGATRONICMEATWAGON said:

Having subbed this year - through a bump because of Doja cancelling admittedly - where do you see the Fender placing potentially for next year? Sub again, Other Headliner?

I’m not sure he’d come back so soon. In fact very unlikely. Very unlikely touring this time next year. He’ll  be recording a new album and 2024 he’ll return on the back of his third album. But either sub pyramid Sat or headline other. Maybe headline pyramid if third album big hit but he’s hard to judge. 

56 minutes ago, MEGATRONICMEATWAGON said:

Having subbed this year - through a bump because of Doja cancelling admittedly - where do you see the Fender placing potentially for next year? Sub again, Other Headliner?

I mean its just not happening. Previous years subs almost never play again the following year (has it ever happened?). Next album cycle you can expect him to be a solid choice for Pyramid headliner.

1 hour ago, MEGATRONICMEATWAGON said:

Neither. He should headline on his next album in a couple years.    He was in the right place at the right time and cashed in on the Doja cancellation. Stormzy was an Other sub and after the fallow year he headlined. This tracks pretty well with that sort of ascension. 

On 7/12/2022 at 5:49 PM, NorthernSoul52 said:

Gotta blame it all on Back Home, as made famous by the 1970 England World Cup squad. That's where all your tribalism comes from!

Up here,  we’re on the March with Ally’s army still makes me cringe, memories of Scotland’s I’ll fated World Cup in Argentina, 1978! 😊

16 hours ago, The Martini Police said:

It's not like it affects the music in any way with Fender, too. What are people having to put up with? A sax player in black and white stripes? Maybe some flags? 

I’m not really sure. 

It’s all a bit “oh good an authentic working class lad singing about his life and….oh no he likes football?!’

2 hours ago, Justcalledtosay said:

Pyramid headline in 2024

If his Third Album matches the first two (and has a couple more songs that make everyone go ‘oh-whoa-woh’) I can see him headlining in 24. In fact that may not even matter, Emily will have gauged the impact he had this year and that die may already be cast.

17 minutes ago, Badlands said:

I dunno. We’ve been here before with Ezra and Sam Smith, and whilst he’s a bigger talent than either for me - there’s always the risk that he peaks too soon.

Hope I’m wrong mind

His health and cancellations are also a concern … I’d say he’s big enough for the pointy one headline year after next