Sam Fender

sisco

OK, finally got round to giving this guy a proper blast. Listened to both albums last night, then re-visited tracks off both. 

My Friday night was already a clashterfuck (like many others people's!), now I'm pretty sure Fender has propelled himself to my '100% must-see' list.

My Bonobo then sprint to Paul Heaton might be dead in the water. The jury is out.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

9 hours ago, Stokesy10 said:

OK, finally got round to giving this guy a proper blast. Listened to both albums last night, then re-visited tracks off both. 

My Friday night was already a clashterfuck (like many others people's!), now I'm pretty sure Fender has propelled himself to my '100% must-see' list.

My Bonobo then sprint to Paul Heaton might be dead in the water. The jury is out.

Sam vs Bonobo is a complete nightmare.

I'll be at Fender, but man, after seeing those RAH shows I'll be gutted to miss Bonobo. 

On 6/2/2022 at 5:28 PM, Rose-Colored Boy said:

Apparently he was all over the Saudis buying Newcastle as well. Hopefully we’ve now heard the end of him being celebrated as a ‘lefty icon’.

Don’t know if he ever was. ‘Voice of the working class’ maybe, which is not the same thing these days

Setlist for support Killers set. He hasn't changed his set all tour. I'm a massive fan but I find this a bit shit tbh. More and more bands seem to stick to the exact set all tour. Even this cut down set is the same running order with omissions. Also he chooses weird choices. He has far far better songs than, Mantra, Spice and Howdon but he's played these 3 songs every single gig ni the same order. Not playing Hypersonic Missiles at a support slot in a stadium is also fucking moronic. 

I expect this exact setlist in this order plus, surely Hyper Missiles. Don't expect any other surprises.

I sold my Finsbury Park ticket as I didn't want to watch the same exact set again for the 3rd time this year.  (I am a huge fan by the way)

Will We Talk?

Getting Started

The Borders

Mantra

Spice

Howdon Aldi Death Queue

Get You Down

Spit of You

The Dying Light

Seventeen Going Under

Edited by danbailey80
  • Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, danbailey80 said:

Setlist for support Killers set. He hasn't changed his set all tour. I'm a massive fan but I find this a bit shit tbh. More and more bands seem to stick to the exact set all tour. Even this cut down set is the same running order with omissions. Also he chooses weird choices. He has far far better songs than, Mantra, Spice and Howdon but he's played these 3 songs every single gig ni the same order. Not playing Hypersonic Missiles at a support slot in a stadium is also fucking moronic. 

I expect this exact setlist in this order plus, surely Hyper Missiles. Don't expect any other surprises. 

Will We Talk?

Getting Started

The Borders

Mantra

Spice

Howdon Aldi Death Queue

Get You Down

Spit of You

The Dying Light

Seventeen Going Under

Hes got slightly longer at glasto? An hour? Think he played for a bit less than that for Killers?

5 minutes ago, danbailey80 said:

I sold my Finsbury Park ticket as I didn't want to watch the same exact set again for the 3rd time this year.  (I am a huge fan by the way)

Will We Talk?

Getting Started

The Borders

Mantra

Spice

Howdon Aldi Death Queue

Get You Down

Spit of You

The Dying Light

Seventeen Going Under

I like Mantra a lot, but have no love for Spice or HADQ, which seem to be his songs to get the mosh pit going.

But dropping HSM, Saturday, Dead Boys and That Sound (which hasn't made much of an appearance lately anyway) is weird. If he's going to rip a page from the book of Springsteen, I think he can also mix up his set-lists like the Boss always does.

27 minutes ago, maelzoid said:

I like Mantra a lot, but have no love for Spice or HADQ, which seem to be his songs to get the mosh pit going.

But dropping HSM, Saturday, Dead Boys

Completely agree with all the comments on his setlist choices - bizarre.

Hypersonic Missiles, Saturday and Dead Boys were my favourites along with Seventeen and Spit of you when I saw him recently.

Love Mantra but would drop it from the Glasto set, along with Spice and HADQ, and put the 3 above back in and we’re all good!

Although to be fair HADQ only takes up 2 minutes and is fun.  My 12 year old son will be fuming if he doesn’t play it - he spent the next few days after the gig singing in a Geordie accent  “Woah, woah, woah, woah, woah, woah, woah,  Keep your distance, I said woah, woah, woah, woah, That's less than two f***ing meters”. Was funny at first but got a bit annoying 😂

Play God out as well? I also don't know why Paradigm was dropped after one show. It's a huge stadium song.

I can cope with keeping HADQ as it's 2 mins. But leaving out Dead Boys and Hypersonic missiles and Play God etc. WTF?

Here's what I would choose for Glasto....Hit after hit with the odd fan favourite (The Borders/ The Dying Light)

Will We Talk?

Getting Started

Dead Boys

HADQ/ Saturdays (I don't like either but crowds do)

The Borders

Get You Down (if time)

Play God

Spit of You

The Dying Light

Seventeen Going Under

Hypersonic Misiles

Edited by danbailey80

9 hours ago, danbailey80 said:

Will We Talk?

Getting Started

The Borders

Mantra

Spice

Howdon Aldi Death Queue

Get You Down

Spit of You

The Dying Light

Seventeen Going Under

9 hours ago, Jacksamthompson said:

Hes got slightly longer at glasto? An hour? Think he played for a bit less than that for Killers?

He did 40 mins maybe.

The lack of big hitters like play god, hypersonic missiles and dead boys is the key issue with his killers support set - everyone was basically just sat there waiting for 17 going under

Agree with what people are saying. A huge support slot and leaving out some of his biggest tunes. Although probably wanting to showcase more of his new material, get the B sides dropped to make way for the big hitters. 

Saturday and Hypersonic Missiles (last two tunes) at TRNSMT last year were incredible. Entire crowd in the palm of his hand. Utterly idiotic to drop them for Pyramid sub slot IMO. 

7 hours ago, NoBuses said:

Think the setlist will be something like

Will We Talk?

Getting started 
Dead boys

The Borders

Spice 

Howdon Aldi Death Queue

Spit of you

Play God 

The Dying Light

Saturday 

Hypersonic Missiles

No Get You Down, no party 

Everyone seems to forget about 'that sound' great tune. One if his first... 

I'm going to be disappointed if he just plays his newer stuff. You don't do that shit at festivals you play your hits... people will pay for your gig to hear new stuff