Sam Fender

sisco

1 minute ago, Quark said:

Ticket just popped up on Twickets for his Leeds gig...

Have no idea if that's anywhere near you btw :D

liverpool and Manchester are easiest- I've had the alerts for a few weeks and they always go immediately. Probably the bigger Manchester ones in the spring is more likely - bigger venue and two nights. Liverpool Uni is a great venue though so will be trying throughout the week! 

• 3 months later...
  • 1 year later...
6 minutes ago, danbailey80 said:

What stage do we expect?. He's sold out 2 nights at Wembley arena. 

Can see headline John peel or second from top Other stage. 

Other sub is what we think - but I still think he could place 3rd down other stage on a strong year.

Will have one of the biggest crowds of the weekend.

Edited by Matt42

13 minutes ago, danbailey80 said:

What was the info. Where from? 

I can actually see him being a potential Pyramid headliner for 3rs album perhaps 2024. 

I think it was @endswithMJwho comes very trusted. Shit, I trust him more than I trust myself.

Headlining has to be a possibility, yeah. I wouldn’t put my chips on it yet but he’s got plenty going for him.

1 hour ago, danbailey80 said:

What was the info. Where from? 

I can actually see him being a potential Pyramid headliner for 3rs album perhaps 2024. 

Yeah - I feel quite certain he will headline R&L next year/2024. Especially with the FR show and the ticket sales from that. Glastonbury could have him first though!

Edited by Matt42

26 minutes ago, Dronx said:

So him at Brudenell a couple of weeks ago and he was excellent. Waiting on him rescheduling his Sheffield Foundry gig that he’s postponed. That’s 2 out of 3 gigs he’s not done that I’ve had tickets for. 

Definite future headliner. 

He has some serious health issues iirc, never been specified what they are but forced in to shield in the lockdown

1 hour ago, crazyfool1 said:

might his often cancelling of shows affect his placing ? I mean it shouldn't but surely some might be wary about booking him ? 

Doesn't seem the case so far, as he's been booked for pretty much everything in this country over summer 2021/2022. Refusing to book someone based on health issues (be it his potential private ones or his stated ones) would be rotten anyway.

10 minutes ago, Leyrulion said:

Who else is on for other stage headliner currently? I wouldn't be at all surprised if he got a Sunday night slot.

At the moment we think it’s QOTSA, Dua Lipa, Pet Shop Boys.

I don’t think he will be headlining the other stage. Sub works fine if not a slight underbilling. But it’s actually a very smart career move for him to play that slot.

On 1/2/2022 at 11:15 AM, maelzoid said:

His ascent has really surprised me. I think he’s great but Wembley already is huge. Other stage seems a good fit, and yes I think he could go all the way to headline the Pyramid.

Can’t believe it was only last August I saw him at 1600 capacity Brizzle O2.

He's the real deal I think. I love the whole Springsteen style thing and that new album gets better and better the more I listen to it. The Dying Light especially is a favourite, though I notice he hasn't played it live yet.

As mentioned above, him and Wolf Alice both in that second down slot on the Other would be amazing, though I'd definitely end up struggling if there's a Pyramid headliner I want to see on those nights...

22 minutes ago, efcfanwirral said:

As mentioned above, him and Wolf Alice both in that second down slot on the Other would be amazing, though I'd definitely end up struggling if there's a Pyramid headliner I want to see on those nights...

For this reason, and as @Matt42 said about taking the underbilling as a career move, it's not impossible that he could be third down the Other Stage.

I recall reading here that The 1975 were offered an Other Stage headline slot but instead took a slot third down the Other. Wisely so, as if they'd taken sub they'd have had a lot of people leaving midway through to get a spot for Adele, but instead  got a huge crowd and the band carried on growing in stature after that performance.

Edited by dentalplan

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...