Gate D from East of England

matthagon

Hi all

Looking for some advice for the best route to take coming from Norfolk to get around to the parking for Gate D. I have seen that a good way is to aim for the Tescos in Glastonbury town and follow the signs as dont really trust google maps as it might take me into some traffic. Any advice welcome. Cheers

23 minutes ago, DwideShrude14 said:

i second this, if anyone can help with advice.. @matthagon where did you see the advice re Tesco in Glastonbury Town? 

Found it! I think this way takes you around the site and you come back on yourself. This is the tesco on a google map posted by @GoonerRob 

https://www.google.co.uk/maps/dir/''/glastonbury+tesco/@51.1271299,-2.7221307,12z/data=!4m8!4m7!1m0!1m5!1m1!1s0x4872176391cbd82d:0x6a4aac1da5303e66!2m2!1d-2.7307121!2d51.1428773

• Upvote 1

Just now, GoonerRob said:

Yeah just map to the tesco, grab yourself a few crates then follow the signs to the festival from there - its how we always do it and we aim for the orange car parks / gate D. 

If you're there about 11pm, you'll see us there!

Thanks Rob. We are setting off about 10pm from Norfolk so you might be a bit ahead of us! 

Perfect, thanks! 

We want to be south-west this year and I've only ever camped in Big Ground. The thought of walking from the blue carpark to Paines/Park Home is horrible.. 

We're not setting off from London until 4am.. @GoonerRob have you ever arrived around this time/know what the traffic build up is like on the highways south of the site? 

1 minute ago, DwideShrude14 said:

Perfect, thanks! 

We want to be south-west this year and I've only ever camped in Big Ground. The thought of walking from the blue carpark to Paines/Park Home is horrible.. 

We're not setting off from London until 4am.. @GoonerRob have you ever arrived around this time/know what the traffic build up is like on the highways south of the site? 

No sorry mate, we usually leave London between 8 and 11pm tonight (tuesday). We generally get no traffic at all. If you leave at 4am, you should arrive about 7 which Id guess would have a bit more as i think a lot of people will do that.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, matthagon said:

Found it! I think this way takes you around the site and you come back on yourself. This is the tesco on a google map posted by @GoonerRob 

https://www.google.co.uk/maps/dir/''/glastonbury+tesco/@51.1271299,-2.7221307,12z/data=!4m8!4m7!1m0!1m5!1m1!1s0x4872176391cbd82d:0x6a4aac1da5303e66!2m2!1d-2.7307121!2d51.1428773

That link doesn’t seem to work for me. We’re coming from Kent leaving 8am tomorrow. Any advice? Want to aim for gate d