Ticket photos anyone had trouble with a changed look?....

waterfalls21234

OK so just to soothe my worrys is it a major problem if I've had a change of look from the photo on my ticket? Basically I had long hair now it's cut short due to it thinning and swallowing my pride getting rid rather then rocking a shite combover(lol) but as a result of that I don't look exactly like my photo anymore, has anyone else had any similar issue with this? Change of hairstyle/cut/loss of weight etc and how did you get around it if they stopped you? I'm tempted to bring my passport as a form of Id to 'prove' I am who is on the ticket on request, is that wise? And is it accepted if the guy/girl on the gate can't verify your photo? 

Just now, marcwilson87 said:

I look nothing like my pic. I'm about 6 st heavier in it than I am now. Had long hair now, short with grey becoming prominent. 

Take ID with the address your ticket is linked to

You lost 6st since last year?!?!? 

Fair shout 

Just now, Username taken said:

I'm sure if you can provide some form of reasonable backup with your name on it (eg a bank card) you should be OK.  It would be unreasonable to expect you to look exactly the same and if you can show them something to allay any worries, I'd imagine they'd be keen to accept

They wouldn't except my bank card as proof of id. They were a bit shitty about the whole thing.

Just now, Slugworth said:

They wouldn't except my bank card as proof of id. They were a bit shitty about the whole thing.

Really?  Wow, I was just of the opinion that if you had the ticket plus corroborating evidence, there is no reason not to let you in.  You're still the same person as in the photo, and the onus is not on you to stay looking exactly the same!

I looked nothing like my photo in 2017, I was asked for further ID and told to change it for next time. 

I stupidly haven't changed it (what an idiot) so now, two years later, I look even less like my photo... I’m taking two sets of ID this time ?

In 2015 they questioned whether it was my ticket. I showed my driving licence (which also looked nothing like me) and then they asked for further id so I just gave them my bank card and told them all my deets; address, dob etc 

56 minutes ago, Username taken said:

Really?  Wow, I was just of the opinion that if you had the ticket plus corroborating evidence, there is no reason not to let you in.  You're still the same person as in the photo, and the onus is not on you to stay looking exactly the same!

That was my argument, im still the same person, just a bit chubbier. Suppose its nice to see/hear the workers being thorough

Luck of the draw innit. My sister got in with another person's ticket who looked nowt like her one year, the next got grilled for having different coloured hair, despite having the same photo on her passport and getting in and out of another country with it every summer.

I'm still using the photo i uploaded the first year they needed photos, i look a bit different now, but while i haven't been grilled too much, I have my driving licence and passport just in case. The nightmare of not being let in due to some suspicious official it too much to worry about!

And I haven't changed my pic, as since I've had it I've always got tickets and the stupid part of my brain worries that if I update it i'll lose the luck it was bringing me :D

Only passport I can find is my old out of date one, should be fine though still yeah? Still has my photo and details on and not as if Im using it to enter a country ? prob a blessing I don't take my newer one I'd probably lose it! Anyway I've got that, my cards, a mobile bill and a letter from my employer both with my name and address on it matching the ticket. If they don't let me on with that then they might be being far to strict! ??